Skip to main content

Iv always loved to compare prospects and see what people think.Here are my prospects on both sides

C. J.T Files,Andy Lalumandier
1B. Nico Taylor
2B. Kale Kiser,Brandon Loy
3B. Kaleb Merck,Ben Grisz
SS. Joey Hainsfurther, Jeff Emens
OF.Tim Maitland, Perlman
OF.Randall Thorpe,Boomer Collins
OF.Jordan Imhoff

2009/2010

C.Matt Shortall, Jonathan Walsh
1B.Colton Cain, Ryan Ford
2B.Alex Yarbrough, Matt Lipka
3B.Ryan Payne,Preston Beck
SS.Chad Kettler
OF.Jacob Morris, Ronnie Mitchell
OF.Tyler Collins
OF.Michael Murray

Lets hear some thoughts on who would win if they were all the same age? Who has more potential as a team? Any add ins on players? This is all just a hypothetical list but that I put together fast. I really like all these kids as prospects but i love hearing others thoughts.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Let me say up front that I think the 2009 class is stronger than the 2008 class overall. But, based on the list presented here by DallasTXwatch711, the 2008 group is as strong as -- and in most cases stronger -- than the 2009 lineup at every position. If they play a series of games with these kids alone, the 08's win 8 out of 10. Having said that....isn't that how it should be? I mean no disrespect to any of the 2009 players -- they're all prospects.
quote:
Originally posted by DallasTXwatch711:
PD,

Im not sure if the 09 class is stronger but it seems that their potential can go much further compared to the 08 class. It seems all DFW grade levels are "hotbeds" of prospects.

One you could add to the 2009 OF group is Ryan Mossakowski of Frisco Centennial. Tons of ability.
If given the choice, I don't think you start a position player on the bump for either team. In the case of your initial list, I don't think Grisz will be considered a 2-way guy at Duke. And despite Cain's success on the hill over the years, I don't think he's the best choice for an '09 or '10 starter.....but probably the only one that makes sense from this group (possibly Kettler). You need pitching for each team.....Kelly, Swaggerty, Thompson, Lackey, Rutledge, Nowell. Verhagen, Feckley, Bellew, etc. for the younger team. Again, not a comprehensive list.
In my opinion, the 09 class does not match up pitching wise with the 08 class. The 10 class will have a strong pitching class. However I think the 09 class is as strong at the positions. Also, a year of playing the 07 class makes a big difference for the 08 group. The 08 class took their lumps last year and will be strong this year.
Last edited by SWAC

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.