Skip to main content

Major League Talent's 10th Annual College Baseball Showcase has been scheduled for Sunday, October 23, 2005 at St. John's University (11th & 12th graders only) from 8am-5pm.

The showcase is run by Major League Baseball scouts and attended by many college coaches.

You can download the registration form and find more information at www.mltalent.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have attended this "event" the last three years. Actually, I am not sure they have held 10 of these. It is in fact, I "for profit company"...which is fine. However, the cost is prohibitive and it is run very poorly. Last year each batter took 6 swings...six! The pitchers do not throw until very late in the day when the temperatures drop and only 3-5 coaches remained. Over last three years I would estimate that an average of only 10-12 schools are present. There are too many other better run, more valued showcases out there to partake in this one.
I actually disagree with titancoach. I have been attending mltalent's showcases for years (along with some other teammates) and have had a great experience. The player instruction, along with the actual showcase events are definitely worth the price. The whole weekend is pretty personalized, getting to speak and meet with major league scouts and coaches. The major league scouts run a really tight ship at the showcase which works out great for all players.

Yes, the weather was a little cold last year, but I can't fault the showcase itself for that. The St. John's complex is a great place for a showcase as well.

I highly recommend the showcase! The showcase does fill up pretty quickly, so I would try to call ahead and reserve a spot if possible. That's what my mom did last year for me...
These are the last few weeks to register for the fall COLLEGE SHOWCASE and PLAYER EVALUATION DAYS! The showcase weekend is October 22-23.

Due to the personalized attention MLTALENT gives athletes, there are a very limited number of showcase spots left!

Call (631)979-5007 to register today! Or visit www.mltalent.com to download the registration form. MLTALENT is available to answer any and all questions by calling (631)979-5007.
Mr. Titancoach:
I read your message regarding the college showcase. As a parent who's older son had atteneded this showcase, I must say it is a great experience for the player. However, Being the "professional" that you are You must consider yourself an "expert" as you have more baseball experience then the Scouts that coordinate and help run this event. How many years of pro experience do you have that makes you a resident expert? The event has been run 10 consectutive years across Long Island with great success. I am sorry to say that you as a professional need to resort to comments like that to be successful. Let the players judge for themselves. They have players from as a far away as Virginia attend each year. There are professionals that run showcases nationally, and I have never seen comments made like yours in such an unprofessional manner. I know you attend the showcase every year looking for talent. Hope to see you there this year again. By the way are you coaching next year?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.