Skip to main content

Just wanted to say how impressed we were w/ Al Mcormick's MVP showcase this past Oct16.We have been to several this year and this was the best and targeted our specific needs. Al took an interest from the very beginning and emailed prior to the event w/valuable info. In the week following we received 6 respones from attending colleges. Would strongly advise this one for a pitcher!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Interesting you advise it for a pitcher. What about the catcher in these so-called "pitcher-catcher showcases". The only one we've been to should have just been called "pitcher showcase". All they seemed to need the catchers for was to put the tools on and stop the ball before it hit all those guys with the radar guns. noidea
I certainly appreciate you all taking the time to make a statement here. It means a lot to me.

With respect to the catchers, I understand what you mean. My son is a catcher and you do feel abused.

Prior to the showcase I notify the coaches who the catchers are going to be as well when they are here, I advise the catchers to identify who they are verbally to the coaches each time they catch a pitcher. In addition I have them hit, and normally do PP Time. This year the rain prohibited it.

Lastly, I do not charge them anything, feed them, and offer them all the Gatorade they need.

If you have any specific questions, please give me a call at (410) 721-4203.

Thank you again for the kind comments.

Al McCormick
My son attended this year as a catcher and does not feel he was abused. It was well run and I (and he) feel he got a lot out of it. As Al said, it was free, he got fed, got to hit, and got to catch a lot of good pitchers. If it leads to something, great, if not, it was a good experience. Look forward to being able to do it next year. Thanks Al.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.