Skip to main content

I help coach a youth baseball team. We are in the process of trying to raise money for next season. We were fortunate enough to receive a $2,500 "matching funds". However, the rules for this indicate that we must raise the original $2,500 on one fundraiser. I need some ideas on how this can be accomplished. Any ideas on some good fundraisers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We hold a youth clinic every year and raise between 5K-6K

A golf outing, if done correctly should raise that kind of money,

High Stakes raffle, sell 100 tickets at $100 each (easier then it sounds) give away 5K in prizes say 2500, 1000, 500, 100x10 plus get some prizes donated that you can give away. This gives the people who enter a better then 1 in 10 chance of getting their money back (not bad odds). Don't forget to get the license.

Declare war on the US, surrender and ask for funds to rebuild. Wink
(Humor only not a political statement)
Last edited by BigWI
A clinic is a good idea, like get young kids to the camp and get older high school kids to help out for free.

Also an idea is to do a sports auction, where you have people donate items (ex. auto baseballs of star players, memorobilla of tems, etc.) and sell them in a silent auction, that could bring in BIG bucks

good luck in raising that money!
True Story....

Last year my oldest son organized & held a Texas Hold-em poker tournament and the proceeds were to go his college team. The college refused to accept the donation because it was raised by a poker tournament!

This same college holds wine tasting parties as fundraisers but wouldn't accept the money from the poker tournament.

He ended up buying 2 Stealth Bats that he brought to every game for the team to use and donated the remainder to his high school baseball booster club.
Last edited by BigWI

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.