Skip to main content

We have been working on updating our Class of 2012 "Cream of the Crop" (FREE!) Prospect Feature! A couple of changes, plus updated write-ups on most of the players.

LINK- Class of 2012 -Cream of the Crop!

Pictured is Western Branch standout Garrett Brooks! His high school coach, Roland Wright, told us "Garrett has the ability and opportunity to not only play baseball at the collegiate level, but also at the professional level. Garrett has tremendous range and arm strength in the outfield. Garrett also has the ability to drive the baseball with power to all sides of the field."

Check out the free feature! Who did we leave out? Love to hear your comments here or at vapreps@aol.com

Coming in the next week our 2013 AND 2014 prospect features!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Counting the 2-way guys, over half of those listed are hitters. Bridgeman, for example, was first team All Central Region last year as a first baseman after hitting something like .550.

This list is not exactly who I would have chosen were I acting on my lonesome, but I don't see any glaring mistakes there, either.
I love Virginia Preps. I think they try very hard to give as much exposure to deserving players as they can. There are alot of good players in VA...almost too many. In fact I don't think even the local colleges understand how good the baseball has gotten over the past 5 years here. I really see no reason why they would be recruiting kids from out of state...other than pitchers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.