Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

He's very good, as is Alex Lambert and others, who knows what colleges are looking for? as a parent who went thru the process, who knows? geez, why are rising juniors making commonwealth games? Coaches kids? I thought it was for rising seniors. just don't understand, all I know is that we have the best players in the country here in the 757 area with the best coaches and NO ONE is staying local, hope the NEW ODU coach stops this trend. Do I know Killian?no, but Ive seen him play and he's good.
Thanks, I'm scratching my head, just trying to figure it out.

We are trying to help him right now with hopes of having a couple few more options.

One school has expressed interest already on Saturday after an e-mail went out Friday night at around midnight. They lost a middle infield who decided to go elsewhere just recently.
Last edited by TCWPreps
quote:
Originally posted by Pilots81: all I know is that we have the best players in the country here in the 757 area with the best coaches and NO ONE is staying local, hope the NEW ODU coach stops this trend.

What do you mean no one is staying local? For ODU in 2010-2011, almost half of the roster was from the 757 area code. I feel certain those players don’t feel they are “no one.”

Dean Ali, Chesapeake
Chris Baker, Chesapeake
Brian Bashara, Norfolk
Joey Burney, Gloucester
Donnie Corsner, Virginia Beach
Cody Cox, Chesapeake
Brett Harris, Chesapeake
Phil McCarthy, Chesapeake
Bryan Ramirez, Virginia Beach
Brandon Shelton, Chesapeake
Louis Singleton, Norfolk
Shawn Sizemore, Newport News
Brandon Smith, Chesapeake
Ben Tomchick, Virginia Beach
I know ODU has alot of good local talent, I was hoping ODU could land 2 or 3 BLUE CHIPPERS each year, impact guys, I would love to see a Nick Thompson, TJ Costen, Shawn Merimundo, Jack Wyncoop, and others stay local, thats all, Just wondering how many of these guys and others ever got a letter from ODU, I hope the new coaching staff can change this.
I've met Coach Finwood and trust me, he will change that. He took the program at Western Kentucky from a barely finishing at .500 team to being a perenial power in the Sun Belt Conference. He had kids who getting drafted in high school, but deciding to come to Western Kentucky. He just recently produced a supplemental first-round draft pick in OF Kes Carter. Pilots81, one of the main reasons the kids you've mentioned are going to ECU and USC is because of facilities. Coach Finwood has made it clear that he wants to improve the facilities at ODU. Last year there was a lot done to upgrade the BUD and athletic director Wood Selig still has more things he wants to get done.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.