Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son is a 2016.  However, he is 15yrs old and is young for a Sophomore and does not turn 16 until next summer.  He just received a Nationa Underclass Showcase invite I guess based upon his results from the showcase in August.  He just got a "7" and I don't think he needs to go to another showcase until after his Junior year or possibly next year.  What are your thoughts on this, I'm very new to this.  He is a 77-79 pitcher with great movement and results for his showcase team.  Thanks

This event usually has many high level MLB scouts including lots of National Crosscheckers and a half dozen or more Scouting Directors. The list of former players at that event is pretty impressive and draws these type scouts. In fact the first over all pick in 2012 was at that event two years in a row.

That said, if the draft is not important and the player has already finalized his college commitment... Guess there is no reason to be there unless the competition is something you want. In your case I can't think of an important reason to go to that event.

Curious as to why you mention your son is not ready to be drafted. Mentally, physically, skill level, or just determined he is going to college and has no interest?

Reason I ask is because anything other than he has no interest is something determined by the MLB Scouting Departments.  They determine who is ready to be drafted. You determine if he wants to sign.

Anyway, best of luck, sounds like your son is very talented.

Curious as to why you mention your son is not ready to be drafted. Mentally, physically, skill level, or just determined he is going to college and has no interest?

Reason I ask is because anything other than he has no interest is something determined by the MLB Scouting Departments.  They determine who is ready to be drafted. You determine if he wants to sign

Ha ha!  Guess that did sound as if it were my choice if he were draft-able.  My statement was more or less stating I don't think he is ready...for whatever reason a humbled parent has.  We have stayed humble - and still excited that he is playing D1 baseball.  It would be a great problem  if someone thinks he is draft able.  Thanks PG!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.