Skip to main content

My '09 just received an invitation in the mail for this. Although I'm very flattered (and very curious as to who recommended him), its a long way from NJ and would probably cost about $2K or so for him and I to get there.

Questions - is it worth the expense (yes, I know that's a personal decision, but money is a bit tight right now for me). Can we raise money (should he go around to local businesses?). Are there other underclass showcases that are closer to NJ this fall?

Thanks!
_________________________ I'm feeling pretty good - we've got it narrowed down to only about 1 colleges now!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PG is doing two more national underclass events in Ft.Meyers FL Dec.28-30. and the first weekend in Jan. The only thing is the ones in FL, college coaches can't attend. They should be listed on your son's invite on the application part.

It's kind of late PG wants the fees by Oct.1., But there is a form in the invite where you can have businesses donate in exchange for advertising in the program for the showcase.
Last edited by JDsDad
The showcases in Florida take place during a "dead period" when college coaches aren't allowed to recruit. They will be taking video that's available for coaches to view on baseballwebtv.com.

The other part was poor grammar. The "they" I was referring to being listed on the application was the dates for the Florida showcases not a list of coaches. Sorry
GoMo:

4thGen is attending the Uncommitted Showcase in Mesa AZ on Nov. 1 & 2. Is that the event you are considering?

We are here in AZ so it is not a difficult decsion for us, plus 4thGen does not have a PG player profile yet.

There are three events out here over the next few months, the AZ Sr. Fall Classic, this PG Uncomitted showcase and the TPX top96 event the week after the PG event. I know from previous posts that your son and 4thGen are being considered by many of the same schools. Most of the schools he is talking to will have representatives at the AZ Fall Classic. Many will have representitives at the PG showcase. All will be able to view his profile and evaluation from the PG event.

http://www.perfectgame.org/events/2008/showcases/08_11_...committed/index.aspx
Last edited by 3rdgenerationnation
Whoa! Are you saying that college coaches attend some PG Underclass and Top Prospect events but not others because of NCAA rules that establish some sort of "dead period" for coaches? So, is there a price difference between the PG events coaches attend and those that they don't attend?

Speaking of the video, I assume you are talking about the Skillshow video at $300--if the above is correct about the dead period, it seems like the video is almost a must. . . am I reading all of these tea leaves correctly?
As I understand it the dead period for DI schools is 11/10- 11/13 and 11/14 - 2/28/09 is a quiet period. Except 1/2-1/6/09 is also a dead period.

Here are the definitions -

Dead period - not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on- or off-campus or permit official or unofficial visits.

Quiet period - permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution's campus.

This information is available on www.ncaa.org.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.