Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

At Ameriquest...

Rockwall 7
Jesuit 3

WP - Cody Fields
LP - Tyler Coryell

2B--ROCK: Garrett Henderson 1. JES: Taylor Moen 1. 3B--JES: Spencer Clare 1.

Rough, scratch that, very rough outing for Tyler Coryell today. Gave up all 7 runs, all earned, and walked about 5-7. Then Taylor Ryan and Jake Wyand came in after and shut them down. Good hitting for both teams, with both rotating players in and out. Good plays also for both as well. In the end, it doesn't mean anything towards district...Only thing that matters is that we all had fun with it and everyone involved now has a great experience. Good luck in district games this week.

Does anyone know if Blake Beavan pitched the whole game against IRving Nimitz this past Friday?
[QUOTE]Originally posted by oldbat-never:
P. West 8
Marcus 7

LP: either Pitts or Holland I need to get this one verified.

This game went back and forth all day. Tied in the 7th and Plano W. goes ahead on an error.

That wasn't an error...infield in and hard one hopper (not directly at the infielder)...guess you would had to play the game to know that though.
kirk -- you're kidding, right? Smile

Don't tell me you support the view that you have to have played the game to know how to score it? Sounds like someone else we know here. I'm joking with you (because it's fun) but we've all seen a wide-variety of scoring decisions.

OBN -- I'm sure you know this but to score an error, it must be a play that can be made with reasonable effort. In the case of a drawn-in infield, there are fewer routine plays.

I wasn't there, but know that the scoring may be different in both dugouts. Smile Nice win for PW -- it sounds like it was a good game.

---

Texan -- went to see BU/UT on Saturday -- tough outing for Volz -- but the kid sure has a great presence on the hill. I met a few interesting people at the game....one seemed like a long-lost uncle.

Cool
Last edited by Panther Dad
error or hit,really doesn't matter to me unless it was going to be the difference between a no hitter or not. I don't do the offical books so it was just my observation and looking back on it you might be right, at that point in the game we were just frustrated and it appeared to be a play that the glove touched the ball and I was told if the glove touches the ball then it is an error.

And if you noticed I didn't mention the player by name that made the play or position and I didn't say we lost the game by that play I said that is how they went a head. We made several mistakes that cost us the game and P. West hit the ball well yesterday and deserved the win.

There were Lots of hits in that game I know there were 11 hits by P. West before we made the pitching change. A couple of us thought the infielder had a glove on the ball, your eyes are younger and better than mine, so I take your word it was a hit, it scored, we lost.

Not even going there on the other comment.
Last edited by oldbat-never
Just saw the score in the paper and they gave the loss to Holland so I will edit above. 13 hits for P. West and 10 for Marcus.....it was some kinda game.

The one thing, I have learned in these many years of watching the game, is that moms/dads of pitchers sometimes see things differently and that is a curse......even when it isn't our son on the mound.

And the other thing I have learned from watching the game is that a lot of us (myself included) sometimes see things differently than the umpire Big Grin.
Last edited by oldbat-never
I have know even those who played the game to strongly disagree on scoring of H vs. E. Part of it depends upon the perspective. Having had a good glove when I played, I have a higher expectation of fielders than some. I tend to score more E's. And then there is the perspective of which team you are backing, and whether you are the hitter's parents or the pitcher's parents.

Deep down, the player knows.

PD, sounds like Volz cruised through the first two innings & didn't maintain his intensity coming out in the third. Good lesson for pitchers.
When it is all said and done the score book does not matter. I have been told by some scouts(not that this matters) they do not put much weight on the highschool stats. They know that there is alot of "book cooking" (again, not saying that is the case). Just sit back and enjoy the nice afternoons while they last.
quote:
Originally posted by blackhawk32:
At Ameriquest...

Rockwall 7
Jesuit 3

WP - Cody Fields
LP - Tyler Coryell

2B--ROCK: Garrett Henderson 1. JES: Taylor Moen 1. 3B--JES: Spencer Clare 1.

Rough, scratch that, very rough outing for Tyler Coryell today. Gave up all 7 runs, all earned, and walked about 5-7. Then Taylor Ryan and Jake Wyand came in after and shut them down. Good hitting for both teams, with both rotating players in and out. Good plays also for both as well. In the end, it doesn't mean anything towards district...Only thing that matters is that we all had fun with it and everyone involved now has a great experience. Good luck in district games this week.

Does anyone know if Blake Beavan pitched the whole game against IRving Nimitz this past Friday?

Yes:
7 innings, 79 pitches, 2 runs (zero earned), no walks, 11 K's, 3 hits

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.