Skip to main content

Any teams to look out for in Class I? obviously Portsmouth, Bedford and Goffstown, but any sleeper teams? Any teams that your team has scrimmaged, and there is a standout player on that team or they beat your team badly or even if you beat them. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Division II

Portsmouth will always be a powerhouse in D2, good baseball community. Bedford's talent will depend on how far their pitching will take them this year. Goffstown should be a team that produces numbers coming from a D1 level... Sleeper teams in D2 this year will be tough to predict because lots of the teams average out this year. The only teams who have a pitching staff our the ones mentioned above in D2. This will be a fun year for D2 anyone could be the sleeper team!
When you're talking NH D2 you have to include St. Thomas and Souhegan. I know St. Thomas lost a lot of talent to graduation, but they still have a lot. Jordan Bean is one of the best players in D2, both on the mound and at the plate. Eddie Conroy and Scott Monroe are back on the mound, and Peter Mucher and Andy Johnson are back. Plenty of talent to win D2.

Souhegan is stacked with returning starters this year. They've got Terry Dugdale and Matt Schagrin on the mound, and lots of depth in their entire lineup. I expect opening day next Monday Souhegan at Bedford to be a great game.

Add Reply

SPECIAL JUNE OFFER for HSBaseballWeb customers: Free batting gloves with every purchase!

Link copied to your clipboard.