- Available mid-June thru mid-August.
- Candidates are required to complete at least one year of college
- High School or College-level baseball play
- Youth coaching experience a plus!
- Qualified references
- Great with children
- Strong work ethic
- Build upon the knowledge of your sport and strengthen your coaching skills while applying classroom learning, theories, and experiences in a real world setting.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Manage multiple teams and coordinate games, scrimmages and tournaments
- Understand logistics in tournament play, transportation, programming and coordination within the organization and working with other camps.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
ABOUT WORKING AT CAMP TOWANDA
Camp Towanda is the premier family-owned and operated, co-ed 7 week sleep-away camp in Northeast Pennsylvania for children ages 7-17. We are nestled on over 400 acres of beautiful fields, facilities, waterfront and countryside. At Camp Towanda, we provide a well-rounded experience for our campers and staff in a nurturing, safe environment with endless opportunities for them to try new things and feel great about themselves! Our program offers excellent and professional instruction in all land and water sports, fine arts, drama and adventure, as well as very creative evening activities and special events.
Working at Camp Towanda provides hands-on leadership opportunities, while helping you build skills that any future employer is looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. This position will boost your resume with experiences that demonstrate stamina, responsibility, integrity, accountability and the ability to work and communicate with others. No matter what field you choose to pursue, you will find your job experiences at Camp Towanda invaluable.
We attract down-to-earth, friendly and spirited campers, families and staff. We hire 300 counselors and support staff from over 30 countries and all across the USA. When you work at Camp Towanda, you make a real difference in camper’s lives, while building your resume and career-building skills (leadership, work-ethic, public speaking, management, responsibility) with the support of our senior staff and Directors. The job of a counselor is multi-faceted; your spirit, creativity and leadership is paramount. When at camp, it is a 24-hour job. Flexibility, responsibility and stamina are key attributes for our staff to possess. Working with kids is a challenging job but one of the most rewarding job experiences you will ever have.
All meals, room, board and laundry service are included with scheduled time off. You would have limited expenses.
For almost 100 years, Camp Towanda has continued to define what summer camp is all about. We are highly regarded and respected as an industry leader and are involved in giving back to various organizations throughout the year. Camp Towanda is accredited by the American Camp Association.
When you work at Camp Towanda, it’s so much more than a summer job- it’s a family, network and community that will change your life forever. Thank you for considering Camp Towanda for your summer job experience! Begin your application and contact us today! 570-253-3266 - firstname.lastname@example.org