Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Per the Pilot:

Norfolk Acad. at St. Christopher’s (2), 3 p.m.
Booker T. Washington at Maury, 4 p.m.
Tallwood at Green Run, 4 p.m.
First Colonial at Ocean Lakes, 4 p.m.
Princess Anne at Bayside, 4 p.m.
Kempsville at Salem, 4 p.m.
Kellam at Cox, 4 p.m.
Wilson at Granby, 4 p.m.
Atlantic Shores at Alliance Christ., 4:30 p.m.
Christchurch at Cape Henry, 4:30 p.m.
Isle of Wight at Southampton Acad., 4:30 p.m.
Nansemond-Suffolk at Windsor, 4:30 p.m.
United Christ. at Norfolk Christ., 4:30 p.m.
Grassfield at Deep Creek, 5:30 p.m.
Great Bridge at King’s Fork, 5:30 p.m.
Oscar Smith at Nans. River, 5:30 p.m.
Western Branch at Hickory, 5:30 p.m.
Hampton Roads at Greenbrier Christ., 6 p.m.
Should be a new #1. Patrick Herrington set the tone early with a leadoff HR and Kellam jumped out to a 4-0 lead over Cox after 2 innings. The Falcons battled back, but left the tieing run on second in the bottom of the seventh. Jeff Difulgo went the distance and pitched a great game for the Knights in the 4-3 win. Kudos to Kellam. They hit the ball well and deserved the win.
quote:
Originally posted by HOWDIDTHEYWIN:
FC at OL looks like a good. Anyone going to the game, let us know how things played out.

FC 10 OL 2. Buddy Lawson had no hitter in the bottom of the fifth, but the wind was toooo much for a hit that carried....Buddy L came on the top of the 6th to hit a solo homerun, but this game was won on defensive plays by Trevor Hinson and Jordan Egan.This was TEAM effort Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Taylor:
Should be a new #1. Patrick Herrington set the tone early with a leadoff HR and Kellam jumped out to a 4-0 lead over Cox after 2 innings. The Falcons battled back, but left the tieing run on second in the bottom of the seventh. Jeff Difulgo went the distance and pitched a great game for the Knights in the 4-3 win. Kudos to Kellam. They hit the ball well and deserved the win.

Coach Jones had his boys ready to play...I couldnt see him, but I heard him thru out the game.Heres is my take on the game:Coxs pitcher could not get his change-up over so some of the balls he threw were meat pitches that alot of the Kellam kids could hit.
The Kellam kids played with the spirit and the Kellam pitcher did what I thought he would do.He kept Kellam in the game and kept Cox off balance with more off speed that Ive seen from him in a while. He spotted his fast ball and got the job done SmileCox took too many pitches and didnt play with the spirit Kellam did and Kellam got the "W".
I agree there will be a new number one...most likely
Greenbrier Christian.As we all know it is still WAY to early on a clear ranking with a few surprise schools in the mix.
Western Branch 9 Hickory 5 (today, April 3.) Seniors James Fiorella (4 for 5) and Jordan Kidd (3 for 4 with a double) led the way with 7 hits to give Matt Batten (sr) his third win this season. Shane Johnsonbaugh (freshman)pitched the last 3 innings for a hard-earned save. Hickory left the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th. Eight Bruins combined for 13 hits. Bruins led 3-2 at end of 2, 4-3 at end of 3. Hickory held the lead 5-4 at end of 4. WB answered back at the top of 5 with the score being 7-5 at the bottom of 5 and added to the lead with 2 runs in the top of the 7th.

Danny Grauer and Colin Hancock hit solo HRs for Hickory.
Last edited by WB Reporter

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.