Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One kid who impressed the heck out of me this past season was Joe Frushour, SS from Burlington Central. Big, strong, quick hands, understands how to drive the ball with power to all fields. He hit a legit .537 as a junior with 6 or 7 homeruns.

It is usually tough to compare kids from the smaller highschools to the kids that play for the bigger baseball schools ... but I think he is a player.
Here is the Class A team
Bob Simmons Senior RHP / IF Driscoll Catholic
Casey Savatski Junior RHP Driscoll Catholic
Mitch Parks Senior 2B Herscher
Tyler Choate Senior RHP-3B Carmi - White County
Bryant George Senior RHP-SS DuQuoin
Jacob Goebbert Senior LHP / OF Hampshire
Nate Roberts Junior OF Richmond - Burton
Alex Urbas Senior C Williamsville
Taylor Gregory Junior LHP-OF Concord (Triopia)
Brent Kulavic Senior C-RHP Pleasant Plains
Tyson Blaser Senior C Taylor Ridge (Rockridge)
Russell Orrill Senior C Rushville-Industry
Jordan Christensen Senior LHP-OF Sherrard
Zach McAllister Senior RHP-3B Illinois Valley Central
Tyler Anderson Senior 1B Illinois Valley Central
Michael Stalter Senior RHP-SS Stanford(Olympia)
Tom Kimbro Junior LHP - 1B(Braidwood) Reed-Custer
Ritchie Derbek Senior RHP- SS Trenton(Wesclin)
Brett Zurliene Senior RHP - SS (Breese) Central
Jason Sullivan Senior P Shelbyville
Spencer Patton Senior RHP - SS (Farina) South Central
Chris Lewellyn Senior RHP / SS Danville Schlarman
Bo Kinder Senior OF Clinton
Nick Krisman Junior RHP St. Joe - Ogden
I'd like to add a name that doesn't come up too often on this board but should...

Kevin Tokarski, Downers Grove North

He hits the ball consistantly (.476 this past year as a junior, .333 the year before as a sophomore), is a great fielder (3 errors all Spring from 2B), and runs the 60 in around 6.6 or so (clocked at 6.54 at Notre Dame's camp).

He throws it well from the infield or outfield and has some power (14 extra base hits).

I believe Kevin was at both the Benedictine and Stevenson showcases, so some of you may have seen him.

Mike F
2006 I.H.S.B.C.A ALL STATE TEAM

PITCHERS (7)
Ryan Copeland - Elk Grove
Connor Sestak - Sacred Heart Griffen
Brian Stroud - Providence
Matt Diedrich - Carmel
Bill Barrett - Lockport
Dan Weston - Lyons
Wade Kapteyn - Illiana Christian

CATCHERS (4)
Joe Benson - Joliet Catholic
Mike Pericht - Providence
Tyler Harris - O'Fallon
Matt Dittman - Libertyville

INFIELDERS (8)
Connor Powers - Benet
Mike Domenick - New Trier
Ricky DeLaCruz - Addison Trail
Jeff Greco - Carmel
Phil Wunderlich - Downers Grove South
Brandon Wikoff - Limestone
Joe Buonavolanto - Hinsdale South
Tyler Ladendorf - Maine West

OUTFIELDERS (6)
Bill Bookford - Glenbard West
Joe Dispensa - St Rita
Aaaron Roberts - Chatam Glenwood
Mike Kaczmarek - Andrew
Jordan Siversten - Carmel
Casey McMurray - Lyons

All are seniors except - Stroud, Wunderlich, Kaczmarek and McMurray who are juniors and Siversten is a sophomore.
Last edited by bballfan5
LT22Catcherdad:

I appreciate your high opinion of me; that I have the power to influence all the coaches in the state! Thanks, buddy.

No, The Prep Baseball Report All-State team, which will be released in the next issue, is as follows:
First team
P: Ryan Copeland, Elk Grove
P: Andrew Doyle, Rock Island Alleman
P: Colin Bates, Naperville Central
C: Joe Benson, JCA
1B: Connor Powers, Benet
MIF: Tyler Ladendorf, Maine West
MIF: Brandon Wikoff, Limestone
3B: Phil Wunderlich, Downers South
OF: Bill Boockford, Glenbard West
OF: Dan Weston, Lyons Township!
OF: Casey McMurray, Lyons Township!
Utility: Zach McAllister, IVC

Hopefully you approve, LTCatcherdad!
Thanks for thinking of me.
Last edited by PBR
Fungo Master......

Are you smok'n dope or what!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't give the players ANY credit, or the travel programs ANY credit since most of those travel teams played much better teams than most of the high school programs have.

Sorry boys, but you give way to much credit to alot of coaches in high school. And, if any of you coaches take offense to my comments, then you are definitely one of the guilty ones. I was so sick and tired of hearing how "WE CAN TEACH YOUR SONS EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BASEBALL!!!!!!" "Bovine Sketattle" as Swartzkopf would have said!!!!!!

Don't get me started on this subject because it's ridiculous!!!!!! Coach of the year, you mean politician of the year. Maybe he should check his 'line-up card' before the kid is standing in the batters box, and then subs him out. It's not o.k. since it happened many, many times. Talk about building-up a players/teams confidence. The kids did it themselves because THEY were a team!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBR you do have a lot of influence over who gets "promoted" and I am pretty sure by now you are aware that there are some kids that get discarded or ignored or lied about[personal experience] for whatever predudices a "coach"[use that word lightly] can have.I also think that it can be a benefit too ,as strange as that might sound.Those boys that have had to overcome that, wont go to college with the "topdog" ego and clearly will know they have to earn every bit of what they get and I think a humble hard working attitude is the way to go.BUT I have to say it again ...lets be honest about the games people play with these young mens futures.Not everyone who is involved should be.By the way I agree with your list for whatever my opinions worth.Congrats to NC ,I pray the best of health to the coaches ,which is clearly more important than some of our topics.
I have absolutely no horse in this race and congratulate all the players who are named on ANY All State list.One list may look better to one person, and another list may look better to someone else. This debate seems to never end on this board, and it never will.

I don't know why the IHSBCA would have anything against the boys from Naperville Central, but it speaks volumes about the terrific TEAM that NC had with so many very good players working for one goal, the State Championship. I doubt that any player would even consider for one moment giving up that Championship for inclusion on someone's All State list.
Coach of the year goes to Coach Sieple and his assistant. For what they have been through and to reach the ultimate team goal. They are good men and have had the support of the whole community. It is a heart warming story. Having been through it in my house with my wife and all...I can say the STARS lined up for them, no matter who the opponent would have been. They were going to win. St. Pats put up a good fight but those 25 kids put up the fight of they're lives for those 2 coaches. And they would have done whatever it took to win it for them and the community. I hope all is well with both of them and they're families. God Bless and great job. Sean nice team. I still love you man.....even though I don't see eye to eye with you. Keep the numbers out of the book and just give the kids there props. Let the players decide who is number 1 and so fourth...on the battle fields of high school baseball. To everyone, have a great summer and all you HS guys keep working hard and you will get your just rewards. One last thing....11.7 small number work harder than the next guy and that number looks bigger. Take care all. bye bye
At this point in time, it really doesn't matter who was ranked in PBR, the IHSBCA, who was All-State, All Conference, whatever. What really matters is that everyone of those graduating senior ball players is going to some school this fall to hopefully start the process of getting a college degree! Will they play baseball? Hopefully.

Some may become pro ball players, and some may just quit!!! Whatever the case, each one of those young men negotiated and selected a particular school that they thought would fit both of those future goals, college degree and baseball. Sure, some players should be in a D1 program, and some should be in a D0 (sarcastic) program. At this point in time it doesn't really matter as long as they are currently happy.

So enough of this bantering......back to the 07's.
Hello, are there any coaches of a 15U travel team in illinois that have an injured pitcher or need a pitcher for a tournament or anytihng of that sort..because i know players are getting injured and teams need pitchers...im 15 and im a decent pitcher with a low 70s fastball, and an average curveball, i think id handle myself well in a travel ball game, i pitch for Taft High school varsity team(northwest chicago) and right now im pitching very well in a 18U park district team..let me know ,email me wit responses bballnemesis@yahoo.com
Last edited by dominik
I have 3 young men that have done well this summer and past season. They have also done well at recent showcases. All are receiving interest at the D-1 level.

Aaron Conway - 2B (Playing with St. Louis Diamond Kings)

Brandon Adams - Catcher (Playing with the St. Louis Diamond Kings)

Ty Wiesemeyer - Outfielder (Playing with the Southern Illinois Bullets.)
Last edited by CoachB25
In reference to the IHSBCA's omissions, I think most of the problem involves how early the list came out. The All-Area team came out way early, and then the All-State list was based on the way early All-Area team. NC's Bates had an incredible season and was a much-deserving first-teamer. But the IHSBCA's list was determined before the bulk of his amazing late-season run took place. The players who made the IHSBCA list probably had better regular seasons.

If the PBR just went to print as Sean says, Sean was able to determine his teams based on the entire season.
How come everyone forgets to mention TJ McFarland when we talk about the top '07's???
All he does is win games against the best travel teams. His spring injury was way overblown....he merely needed to strengthen his shoulder by going through therapy. His coach at Stagg was totally unselfish by adhereing to strict pitch counts for TJ throughout the season. He is now at full strength, as was evidenced by his complete game four hitter (he only allowed one run) against McHenry County Hurricanes at the Fun in the Sun at SIU. Just ask two of the best hitters around, Biela and Smolinski, if they would like to have TJ as a teammate on their college team. In addition to being a great pitcher, TJ is also a very fine student, and a team leader in the dugout. He will be a very good D1 pitcher. I won't even mention that he is a southpaw.
1.Capetta,10 bombs Montini, ss-p should have been all=state!!
2.Fillipitch.3b/1b/p. LT 7 summer league HR.#1pitcher.Clutch hitter,17 doubles in spring.
3.MCMURRAY.L.T All-STATE 06.Could be,Best hitter in the state!
4.Doyle Benet,ss 35rbi's proved he can mash,gold glove at ss.
5.Phil Wunderlich,DGS,3b . Connor Powers like power!
5.Kyle Kaminska Naperville C. SOLID PITCHER!
6.Grant Monroe Schaumberg,p/of. arm work's. nice bat.
7.Tokarski,2ndbase,Dgn.super fast,gold glove at second.
7.O'Neill BENET,cf Pete Rose tough! very fast!
8.Tolan.ss Highland Park fast,great glove.
9.Reigler c.DGS will suprise people except his team-mates.
10.Singleton.Buffalo Grove of/p sleeper hurt all year.
Last edited by talent4thegame

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.