Skip to main content

I saw that PG released the top 350 for 07's. I was wondering if maybe someone didnt think it would be too unethical to look and see if i was up on the list. PG, if you dont agree with someone just posting this kind of info then feel free to post asking people not to look me up. Thanks to anyone that helps.

Chris Kay, Marietta GA. Catcher
KayMart4 formerly known as Atl Bjs. *Don't let being good keep you from being great.* *Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.*
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

To those who are asking who is ranked and where, I don't think you will get many answers by those who know (i.e. paid subscribers).

PG Cross Checker is a business. If you want to know the rankings you can subscribe and instantly find out the information.

The men over at PG put a great deal of time and effort into their work and deserve to be compensated by those who are interested in the material. It is not fair to ask the rankings to be listed for free for all to see.

I am not associated in any way with PG, but felt this needed to be understood. I am not attacking any of the posters in any way, just explaining how this whole business thing works.
Jon,

We really appreciate you saying that. However, for years I’ve been telling people I could care less about the business aspect of what we do. When it’s all said and done I could give a hoot if anyone thought we were good business people.

I do care if people think we helped promote baseball and helped some young players along the way.

That said, I have no problem with people asking if an individual player is listed on pgcrosschecker. No problem if a subscriber wants to give out that information about an individual. Besides, if we see a name pop up that is not listed we can check our database and see if that player is in there. So in a left handed sort of way, it might actually help us be more complete and accurate with our opinions.

I don’t think people should ask for or get more information than individual player stuff. Hope people understand, though, why I might not answer the questions on a public forum.

Here’s hoping this does not turn onto a thread about how unimportant the rankings are.

Thanks again Jon, for bringing this up. Your thoughts are very much appreciated. I enjoy reading your valuable posts about baseball.
PG,
I commend you for your professional response.

This is just an example of some of us older folks getting on a young player who comes here asking for help. And sometimes it's not in the answer but the way it is answered.

Don't want this to get into another ranking thread discussion, but will give advice to young players, from my own experience.

Let the people who do the rankings do their job so coaches and scouts can get info about you. You, as a player, should only be concerned about playing your best, doing well in school and being a good person on and off the field.
Last edited by TPM
PG,

I had an idea - and thought with all your free time - you might be interested in putting this together.

A state by state ranking - which only includes those who once played baseball and are over 35 years of age.

The fattest
The slowest
The laziest
The "Most skills diminished with age" award.
The "I dont want to run anymore" Award.
The "Most Advil taken" Award.
The "Take me out now Coach - I want a beer and and a cigarette Award"

State by state rankings only.

Do you think this would work?

Wink
Last edited by itsinthegame

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.