Skip to main content

After spending all season looking at Private School teams I am wondering how Private School Pitchers such as Jake Wynkoop (South Carolina) and Michael Taylor (Marshall) stack up to the top two or three pitchers in the 2012 Public School arena. In your opinion, who are the top pitchers in the Virginia 2012 class?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The key to whether he gets drafted is whether he tells people he'll sign for the money they are willing to offer. If he says he will, it could happen. If he says he won't, he might get drafted much later or perhaps not at all.

Just to say, if he gets drafted late, don't misinterpret that as some sort of slam on his capabilities. More likely just a business decision.

BTW, with the draft being shortened by 10 rounds this year, there will be more and more undrafted free agents out there looking to latch on. It's going to be interesting to see how all that shakes out by summer's end.
I here what you are saying. But he is very signable since his only leverage is San Jac turned down liberty. I talked with his dad last night they have an advisor now. Also talked with the ATL and LAA scouts they say 4-8th round probabaly. he played for me for the last 2 summers so I know him pretty good.
quote:
Originally posted by Midlo Dad:
The key to whether he gets drafted is whether he tells people he'll sign for the money they are willing to offer. If he says he will, it could happen. If he says he won't, he might get drafted much later or perhaps not at all.

Just to say, if he gets drafted late, don't misinterpret that as some sort of slam on his capabilities. More likely just a business decision.

BTW, with the draft being shortened by 10 rounds this year, there will be more and more undrafted free agents out there looking to latch on. It's going to be interesting to see how all that shakes out by summer's end.
There's a pretty big difference in money between the 4th and 8th rounds. If you're inclined to sign no matter what and take what comes, then the decision is made. If the amount of money matters, which it usually does, then it's up in the air until draft day.

The nice thing about a kid who wants to go pro who has a JuCo deal lined up is, he only has to wait one year to see if he can move up the list.
What round and how much is definetly going to be a factor in his decision. I agree with the Juco only has to wait one more year. Really just have to wait and see.
quote:
Originally posted by Midlo Dad:
There's a pretty big difference in money between the 4th and 8th rounds. If you're inclined to sign no matter what and take what comes, then the decision is made. If the amount of money matters, which it usually does, then it's up in the air until draft day.

The nice thing about a kid who wants to go pro who has a JuCo deal lined up is, he only has to wait one year to see if he can move up the list.
quote:
Originally posted by NOVABBall13:
On the AA side of the house I would say that Jackson Rodgers is hard to beat. I think he's only lost one home game over a 3 year period. He just picked up POY for the Dulles District...

I second this acknowledgement of Jackson Rogers. His performance has been consistently outstanding throughout his high school career.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.