Skip to main content

The Trombly Braves are looking for a few "elite" players to play with us in the 17U Premier Championship (July 25-29) in Joplin, MO. We have a very good group of players and should compete for the Championship. Unfortunately not all of our players will be able to attend, so we are looking to add a couple players to our roster.

If you are interested, please contact me. I know that we could use a few pitchers, but will consider adding other positions if we have the right player(s) interested.
Steve Trombly TROMBLY BASEBALL www.tromblybaseball.com steve@tromblybaseball.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The Trombly Baseball program has been very successful the last 2 years at the Connie Mack level. Last year we had 2 teams, Braves and Bulldogs, and they both won their respective leagues. The Braves went to the Connie Mack World Series and were the Runner-Up for the 2nd Consecutive Year. That is pretty good when you consider there are 1,500 teams around the country that play Connie Mack and for the Braves to get 2nd Place 2 years in a row is outstanding. The majority of players from these 2 teams have moved on to college.

Our 16U Cubs team from last year was a very strong group. They went 20-2 and were the Runner-Up at the 16U Mickey Mantle World Series. Their only 2 losses came at the World Series to the eventual winner. Again, there are 1,500 teams in the country that play 16U Mickey Mantle and we were the 2nd Place team.

For our program to be the Runner-Up in both the 16U Mickey Mantle and 18U Connie Mack divisions of AABC in the same summer was UNBELIEVABLE!

We have the majority of players back from last years Cubs team who are all 17U. In addition every player that we added to our program was 17U as well. Due to numerous factors it was decided that we are going to register our 2007 Trombly Braves team as a 17U team. We will play in an 18U Connie Mack League this summer and then will go to the 17U Playoffs and hopefully eventually to the 17U Connie Mack World Series. The American Amateur Baseball Congress (AABC) started the 17U Connie Mack World Series last year and it was named the Don Mattingly World Series.

The Trombly Baseball organization will only be doing (1) team this summer. That team will be the 17U Trombly Braves. We did have a small amount of very talented 18U players in our program and we helped get these guys on other 18U teams. I knew that we could have organized an 18U team and had these guys play on it, but I fel that the team would be good, not great. I wanted what was best for the players so I helped them find other teams that would give them a chance to be on a GREAT team. I wanted them to have the opportunity to compete and have a chance to get to Farmington, NM for the 18U Connie Mack World Series. I believe that the guys are on teams that will give them this chance. In time, I will post what teams these guys will be playing on.

I am very excited about our 17U Trombly Braves group. I feel that we have put together THE BEST 17U TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. I know that we are going to have an exciting run at the 17U World Series this summer and then come next year will have everyone back and will compete for the 18U World Series. We have a great group of players and just as important they are a group group of guys as well. It will be an exciting 2 year run and I am excited to start playing.
We need to get our roster finalized in the next couple days. We are still looking for a couple pitchers. We could also use an INF (SS/3B). We do have a good SS coming, but he is also one of our main pitchers. So we will need someone to play SS when he pitches and the day after as well. The same goes with our 3B, he is also one of our pitchers. Therefore we need an INF to play some games at 3B and some games at 3B.

If you are interested, please email me. I do not know if the PM's I have received and sent have gone through.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.