Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by helecop:
Flower Mound at Newman Smith-can't wait for the NS hecklers!

You must meen the hecklers who find all their material online? It was priceless last year when we found the 2 sheets printed from a website, with everything they were using...and to think we thought they were pretty original and good at heckling...I will say this, I think Newman Smith and Flower Mound have a second battle of the best fan base. Whenever you can play a team like Flower Mound at 12:00 PM during a school day and watch as 3 period changes bring you a new wave of hundreds of students...or Newman Smith AWAY at your field, bringing a larger student body/crowd then yours...it makes you wonder if the crowd really does make a difference.
Best heckling I've ever been apart of was last year vs. Mckinney. I was called quite a few things. The last inning our third baseman walks up to me and says "go find the ring" (Lord of the Rings... which gives some insight into one of the many things they were saying). I would've cracked up laughing if I wasn't so focused... luckily we won and the "beating" I'd taken in the game from the students all became worth it. They had been beaten by a midget. Big Grin
Last edited by Dtiger
The best line I have heard in person was by the Baylor Heckler last year at a game against Oklahoma State. It seems that Charles Benoit, formerly of Southlake Carroll, was on the mound and was struggling mightily to throw strikes. The Heckler shouts, "Hey Charles! Maybe your Daddy will come take you out!" Now that is somebody who knows the skinny on the other teams players.
Longview Pine Tree opens district 12-4A play on the road against Henderson (if the rain does not stop the game).

I may not make the game - I am camping on the shore of the White River after a day of trout fishing. My 9 year old caught a 28" 9 lb Brown Trout this morning. In 15 years of trout fishing it was the biggest trout I have ever seen caught. He agreed to release this "trophy" but we've got pictures that he will keep the rest of his life.

But yes, I am excited about the opening district game. Our first two games are on the road (Henderson Tuesday and and Marshall on Friday). Our pitching looks good and we are hitting up and down the lineup. I think we are ready.

We are going to be on the river at 6am in the morning. If the fish bite as good as they did today we may get a late start back for the game...
Last edited by crawdad
quote:
Originally posted by helecop:
I love a good heckler. The question is, is there any new material? I think I've heard it all. Flower Mound's best comes from our special needs kids who attended that day game you're talking about. Those kids are hilarious!

I loved them. It made the game much more enjoyable, and they were really into it, and pretty good if I might add.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.