Skip to main content

The recent thread that about Uniform Numbers reminded me of how proud I was to see one on my son's back and how special they can be. I couldn't find a back shot from his high school team but did see they also had numbers on the front.

Tim 4292008 10

Here is a back shot from one of his summer teams.

P1030415

He was so skinny back then.

Have Fun!!!

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Tim 4292008 10
  • P1030415
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Go44dad posted:

Bill Dickey broke my son’s great grandfather’s jaw with a punch at home plate. In 1932.  They became great friends after their careers and the Dickey’s were guests several times at the Reynolds house in Glen Flora, Tx  3D468428-B60D-4441-9F05-82BDA9AB70032AFA588D-107C-459B-831E-ED75E1DC8970C1D908E4-E6F9-4B54-B241-A60B2E60ABDD

While I truly rely on this site for valuable recruiting information, it is posts like yours and Bob make this such a special baseball site. Ken Burns, who dat?

A couple more uniform photos from the archives......sorry, 3 sons and I have get all of them.

Youngest son's team won the conference championship.  He closed it.

Youngest son at Army Airborne school graduation.   This is our favorite uniform!

Middle son at his last American Legion game...and last organized baseball game.

Attachments

Images (4)
  • mceclip0
  • mceclip1
  • mceclip2
  • mceclip3
Last edited by fenwaysouth

This looks like a reunion.  Citron!  Hard to believe there was really a stadium on that land.  

We live on the hill between the Likelike and Pali Highways.

It's been a generation since I visited the homeland. I hoped to take my kids there a few years back before my oldest was starting HS and my youngest was old enough to appreciate the trip. Unfortunately the better half took an opportunity to switch departments at her job and killed the vacay. I would dream of da boys and I sharing brain freeze while chewing the azuki beans after downing a Matsumoto shaved ice or the sugar high after eating a dozen of Leonard's malasadas, explaining the comedic genius of Andy Bumatai, showing my Star-Bulletin paper route and and my mediocre career at the boys and girl club....but I did down a record amount of manapuas at the corner store....one day. Man it would be cool to meet up with you guys, is Shakey's pizza still around?

We somewhat hoped they would make him cut hair and shave last year.  Instead the coaches made a big deal of it and now the media team loves him.  So I reckon if the stache and hair is the worst thing, I can live with it.  He lost a bet a few weeks ago and had to dye mustache black.  Hope it grows out fast.  He wants the Rollie Fingers look.

@PTWood posted:

OK...I thought of another fun pix sharing...The infamous then and now. I found two shots at about the same spot (impact) about 10 years apart. #29 in both pictures. JW baseball factoryJW2-scaled

This is amazing! I love the same shot ten years apart. Awesome pictures.

It also immediately reminded me of a moment 27 years ago when I had a picture of T-Baller, TMM's swing at a Tee'd up ball that closely compared one I took of Rickey Henderson at ST in Tucson on the same roll of film. I joked that my son was my "retirement plan'. I never really thought he would still be playing ball so many years later.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.