Skip to main content

The Virginia Cardinals are planning a tryout for the afternoon of Saturday, November 12, at a field TBA in the Richmond area.

Although many roster spots have been committed to our returning players, and to others identified at our August tryout, we still have openings for at least one infielder, at least one outfielder, one catcher, and 4-5 pitchers.

We do not anticipate holding another open tryout, so this may be your last chance to be considered for our 2012 squad.

I'll post again when place and time are confirmed. In the meantime, if interested, contact me via e-mail to bradmarrs@verizon.net
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you are looking for a showcase team, I would highly recommend the Virginia Cardinals. I can not say enough good things about this organization. They only have one team and truly work very hard for your child. I have talked with several colleges coaches who say they like teams that the coach continues to work with the kids. I have never seen a staff work as hard as they do. I would like to thank them publicly for helping my son. Good luck to the 2013 team.
Saturday, 1:00 p.m. at the Benedictine College Prep baseball field (off River Road adjacent Route 288 in Goochland).

Sorry for not getting back on that info, but all players who have contacted me have been given this information.

There is important information we need to get from and give to players before they try out, so please, no walk-ups. If you plan on coming, contact me ASAP.
Following the most competitive tryouts in the team's history, the following 14 players have joined the Virginia Cardinals program for 2012:

Class of 2013

Tyler Allen, Powhatan High School outfielder
Ryan Bickford, Cosby High School pitcher
John Booker, Central Virginia Home School Patriots outfielder/pitcher
Mac Caples, James River High School third baseman
Mack Krupp, Colonial Heights High School pitcher
A.J. Nicely, Cosby High School outfielder
Austin Powell, Manchester High School pitcher
Luke Scherzer, Powhatan High School pitcher/first baseman

Class of 2014

Derek Casey, Hanover High School pitcher
Tyler Fitzgerald, Cosby High School outfielder
Marc Jimenez, Osbourne Park, 3B/1B/OF
Cullen Large, James River High School shortstop/second baseman
Brad McKay, Cosby High School infielder/catcher
Dane Smith, Great Bridge High School second baseman/shortstop

Congratulations to this group of 16 outstanding players! We start play in less than 7 months!
Last edited by Midlo Dad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.