Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I like reading the players' accomplishments and coach's comments on the signees. Some of these guys are amazing. Take this one for example:

He was a finalist for Team USA in 2005 and 2006... named a consensus All-American... was named an Under Armor Preseason All-American... chosen to play in the AFLAC All-American High School Baseball Classic... named to the Baseball America/Baseball Factory's Cape Code Classic over the summer...was ranked as high as the third-best prospect in the country by Perfect Game USA and is now ranked 34th... ranked by Impact Baseball as the second-best prospect and the best righthanded pitcher in the state of Virginia... throws a mid-90s fastball.

Rembielak on this player:
"He has the potential to be one of the top pitchers in the country throughout his college career. He possesses a gifted arm with low- to mid-90s velocity, a smooth delivery and control of a great secondary split finger pitch that makes him very successful. He has the pure stuff that can allow him to take over a game at any time. He was one of our first guys who verbally committed, giving us a great start out of the blocks for this recruiting class."

Last edited by infidel_08
Looking forward to when PG and BA list their top-ranked recruiting classes for the 2008's. Wake's incoming class of ten 2008 players has only one not included in PG's rankings as updated last week. The other nine are ranked as follows:

The above list includes FOUR pitchers credited with 90+ velocity already, two "crafty lefties" to complement them, and some pretty stiff bats as well.

Another interesting point is that Wake is not likely to lose even one of these kids to the pro draft, so they may have one of the very strongest classes in the country once you take that factor into consideration.

It's enough to make me wish it were spring 2009 already! See you at Ernie Shore ... and at Fenway!
quote:
Originally posted by Midlo Dad:
Any chance we could get some of those arms enrolled early, like, right now?

No kidding. I was "Watching" yesterday's game on game-tracker. Good thing I was not coaching WF because APP would have paid dearly for stealing up 10 runs like they did a couple of times. (end of vent)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.