Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Anderson Bats aren't too shabby...Anderson TechZilla, for the younger guys, was singled out and banned by palo Alto's local LL org for having what they thought was too much pop. Shortly thereafter they just went ahead and banned all metal bats, which is okay by me--I like wood, too, as long as the playing field is level.

My son is in Babe Ruth now so he graduated up to Anderson's 33 inch, -5 PyroTech--he loves it just as much as his old TechZilla, and the Palo Alto Babe Ruth still allows metal.

Anderson has got a terrific line of -3 bats as well.

Steven Anderson is a very accomplished engineer who used to toil for Louisville Slugger--now he's doing it his way. Just google "Anderson Bat Co., LLC" to check out his website.
quote:
Originally posted by tfox:
The Georgia LL team was using them a couple years ago when they won the world series.

Neat bat that swings lighter than it is.There is more weight in the knob than a normal bat,atleast that is what is advertised.

funny,ive found andersons extremely end loaded,, a better balanced bat would be the akadema
I've heard some companies are coming out with a bat that does it all. Guaranteed to make your kids better regardless of their mechanics. It's called RIP-N-U-OFF. Lines are long and orders are backlogged because everyone wants the bat that can do it all. Prices start at $450.

Ok so I apologize for the opinion. (Whatever happened to the days when you didn't have to take out a loan to get a new bat?)
quote:
Originally posted by wogdoggy:
quote:
The Georgia LL team was using them a couple years ago when they won the world series.

Neat bat that swings lighter than it is.There is more weight in the knob than a normal bat,atleast that is what is advertised.

funny,ive found andersons extremely end loaded,, a better balanced bat would be the akadema

It is end loaded but not nearly as bad as some of the double walled bats I have held.

My son struggled with the Demarini(borrowed it for a game) but the Anderson swung much easier for him.The weight in the knob seems to have a positive effect for him.

We had alot of the kids on our 7-8 year old team using his bat that normally wouldn't be able to handle a 19 oz bat but many of them swung this bat just fine.

Coach,in general I agree with you and there isn't much difference in most bats but you will have to admit that some are better than others.

I believe weight and balance are more of a factor than the so called new space aged materials that are being used.Atleast among the top end bats.

I could be wrong,it happened once before. Wink
i have often said "it ain't the arrow its the indian." with technology today though, these bats can make or break a hitter. my son was using a base model tpx in his select 8-under this summer and his teammates all seemed to be swinging Stealths or Gen-X or Connections ect...so in practice he starts swinging one. now he's ALWAYS hits line drives and hits the ball hard, but these balls were hitting fences at 185ft, the ball jumped completely different! now this little indian is good, but he has a darn fancy arrow now!!! and the Big Chief is hoping for early retirement! hahaha
quote:
Originally posted by redbird5:
quote:
Originally posted by turnin2:
...now he's ALWAYS hits line drives and hits the ball hard, but these balls were hitting fences at 185ft, ...

Chief Wannaretirebecauseof8yearold,

Please tell me you are kidding. 8 year olds don't swing hard enough to notice the "trampoline effect".

he did put the haha in there so yes,I would have to think he was kidding.

In general,I might agree with you BUT,there are always exceptions.

I have watched 1 kid(on my sons team that I helped coach) hit over a 100 or more homeruns as a 7 and 8 year old in games and practice.It was nothing for this kid at 7 to hit 10 out in bp over a 150 ft fence.

This was off a machine but man,he was tough.

It was not the bat,it was the swing but I would say he was getting some kind of trampolene action going on.
quote:
Originally posted by wogdoggy:
quote:

I haven't heard many good things about akadema. If they are well balanced I wonder why they don't get much popularity? That's kind of strange. Is that the bat that promotes to high schools?
$450 for a bat...wow...I've never seen a bat that price unless it was for sale in Canada. Or a shaved and rolled softball bat.

Most can be had for half that price

quote:
Originally posted by CoachB25:
I've heard some companies are coming out with a bat that does it all. Guaranteed to make your kids better regardless of their mechanics. It's called RIP-N-U-OFF. Lines are long and orders are backlogged because everyone wants the bat that can do it all. Prices start at $450.

Ok so I apologize for the opinion. (Whatever happened to the days when you didn't have to take out a loan to get a new bat?)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.