Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you don't make Stanford consider Headfirst as an alternative. I don't know about the two you mentioned so I can't comment.

We were going to go to a Trosky combine, but my son committed before it. I really like Nate a real classy guy, very well connected. San Gabriel Valley Arsenal puts on a combine in July at their home field(I forget the name of it) that is around a $100 that is dynamite and very cost effective. Your travel or some other coach will have to recommend him to Mike, but I would certainly look into this. I will go back through some emails and try to find the name of it.

If he has a dream school that is reachable for his skills then you might want to take him to one or two of these camps. One way to reduce the cost is to let them know you can only be there for part of the camp and they will pro-rate the cost.

Good Luck!
Last edited by BOF
Blue 10
You maybe interested in the Tampa Bay Rays tryout August 18 at Escondido HS.

Please have your son complete a profile on our web site <www.goodwillseries.org> and we will send invitation. There no charge.

It is a tryout for the Rays Scout teams, the Goodwill Series team for a tournament in Arizona in Sept and the Rays International Team.

Bob
"founder of the Area Code games"
I agree with the So Cal Cup comment. I have worked the showcase in the past and for the college coaches and scouts that are there via the price the Arsenal charges you can not beat it. The entire weekend is set up as games so coaches get to watch the players play the entire time.

The other good one to go to is the junior showcase put on by California Baseball Coaches Association. Not sure about Nor Cal but I have been told by 3 area scouts here in Southern California that is is the best showcase event, and it feeds into the North South Series, and it is free for players as long as their coach joins the CBCA.
Thanks for the good word on the SoCal Cup. I have really enjoyed keeping the event going. The showcase will take place July 28 and 29 at Maverick Field in West Covina. The website link needs to be updated. We try keep the cost down to help the players who would normally not be able to afford a showcase but some big time talent still shows up. The colleges and scouts that attend are truly appreciated. I am amazed how they they show their support for the event. We will have some Eastern schools that will be coming this year.
the one thing we have found in our dealings with Mike Viera and the SGV Club over the years... He and they do things for the right reasons. Mike is very humble and always puts his players above himself. I can pay Mike the highest praise I can give anyone involved in baseball. He is GOOD for the game!!!

The SoCal Cup is an outstanding event.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.