Skip to main content

My Family and Team:

Family:

• My Daughter's Softball team placed second in their very competitive "select league." This was quite a feat for a group of girls that were originally selected in a rec league as a team.
  • My Wife had to put her old Stallion Flashbac down. He was 35 years old. If you know anything about horses, THAT'S OLD!
  • We lost our Dalmation Bridgett. She was 14-15 and we had to put her down. Her hips went out and the Vet said she was way beyond the typical Dalmation's life span.
  • I agreed to coach basketball again. Our school hired a former player of mine as the head coach and I'm his assistant. THAT'S PRETTY NEAT!
  • Although she ended the year in a rough manner, my girl went 6-1 for the 7th grade team as a pitcher and went 5-1 for the 8th grade. The 8th grade only won 7 games total and so...

Team:

• We won our 4th Regional in a row. (Our school had won 2 total before I came here with the last one in 1987)
  • We won our first Sectional and went into extra innings but lost in the Super Sectionals. This is the first time our school has ever won a sectional.
  • I received several "Coach of the Year Awards" but we know that the kids really earned that for me.
  • I lost 6 kids that were 3 year starters. They are going to be hard to replace.
  • We started a renovation of our field (8 years old now) and will have it even better when our 06 season begins.
  • One of our feeder "select programs" has expanded to 6 teams. We now put 70+ kids in our gym every Sunday. I'm really proud of this and we will really benefit from this in years to come.
  • Coach Ackerman has resigned his baseball position in order to concentrate on his first love football. He will be missed. He was the last of my original staff. Heck, one coach quit the first day. One quit 4 days later. 2 lasted one year. From there, we scrambled and put together a very good staff one at a time.

We've been very blessed along Life's path. How was your 2005 in review?

"Failure depends upon people who say I can't."  - my dad's quote July 1st, 2021.  CoachB25 = Cannonball for other sites.

Last edited {1}
Original Post
There have been some ups and downs.....

Downs: The White Sox won the WS

The Cubs were not good

Our HS Team got killed by Lockport in
The State Semis

We missed by one game facing Coach
Butler's team in the State Quarters

My son had strained obliques causing
Him to miss some starts in the summer

But there were more good things!