Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

MomLW posted:

I am really excited for the season to start...

Roll call...

I have a 2019 catcher on high school varsity.  Won State last year, now "rebuilding."  A lot of new starters this year.  First game against another school on 2/23.  What about the rest of you?

I have a 2020 C, RHP, OF on JV, first game is tomorrow

Youngest son is a 2017 and one of only 2 returning starters, so it looks like a rebuilding year, but you never know. With promising younger guys and older guys who'll finally get their chance, maybe they can surprise everyone and win league for 3rd time over my son's 4 years on the team.  It'll be fun no matter what -- unless the season gets wiped out by the continuing deluge hitting the left coast.

Oldest (2017) and second oldest (2019) are on Varsity together, which if only for convenience sake is great, since 7th grader is playing for the school's intermediate team now, too.  Lots of seniors on vars but not much depth and our pitching is suspect, so we'll see.  1-1 so far in preseason tournament games, and have another tournament this weekend.

Last edited by smokeminside

2018 catcher/infield.  Several Srs. in front of him, but he "ain't sitting."   Old coach quit.  Didn't find new coach until Dec.  Conference shake up -- smaller schools gone.  Now play 3 game series in one of the toughest baseball conferences.  New pitching rules -- not enough pitchers.  Might be a struggle.  Should be interesting.

2020 P/IF on JV.  Played 3rd scrimmage last night. (Played at Deer Park HS, Andy Pettitte's old school.  Thanks Andy for the wonderful field).  No kid has pitched more than one inning, lots of rotation in the field. To be 15 again, hanging with your teammates, bus rides across town, getting to play baseball.  Definitely having fun.

Will catch some varsity games if we can.  District has the number one and five preseason teams in Texas in largest class.  Should be some good baseball.

Season starts March 13th. Coach is in his 3 year with only two wins so far. So no expectations to say the least. Hopefully son can miss enough bats this year to get a few wins. He's a 2019 and a returning starter so he's a lot more relaxed not being the new kid. I'm just hoping his arm feels good heading into summer ball lol. At least we have a couple stud players in our district that will be fun to watch. 

After taking off last spring and missing the program's implosion, my 2017 is back with the team and trying to help get it heading back in the right direction.

It's not a young team, but most of the players have limited experience at the varsity level.  My son was elected team captain, and he is trying to set an example of how things should be done as opposed to how they had been done for the last couple of years.

Most of all he is looking to have fun this season, regardless of the record.

My 2017 had their first scrimmage last night with our second scrimmage coming up on Friday against the team we beat to win CIF-CCS last year.  We lost our stud to UCLA but we are returning 12 seniors/Juniors that were either starters or saw significant playing time last year.  Of those -- 6 are D1 commits, 2 have D1 walk-on spots, and 3 are set to play for quality D3 programs.  The boys are hoping for a 3-peat for the CCS championship.  

Regardless -- just  going to enjoy watching my son play out his last year in high school. Watching game be streamed over the Internet next year won't be nearly as much fun. 

2019 LHP/1b on varsity with 2 strong senior leaders but most of those expected to contribute will come from his sophomore class. These kids have won state titles in little league and county titles in middle school, so looking to make the state tournament this year in a year where it seems most schools had a big senior class last year and are rebuilding

2020Mom posted:

2020 LHP/1B with tryouts this Saturday unless the weatherman's prediction of heavy rain comes true!  Cannot wait for his first HS season no matter which team he ends up on.  First game scheduled on 2-28 so they don't have much time to select the team and get practicing.

Tell him to take a raincoat!

From here, BTW;  great blog if you like reading and/or knowing about weather.  http://weatherwest.com/

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.