Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Coppell 14
Hebron 4
After 6 innings

Malone (w)
Kelley (L)

Coppell was up 10-0 on 1 hit after 4. Cole Green came into pitch to start the 5th inning. Velocity was good for coming off an injury, mid- 80s into a 40 mph wind. Cole walked a couple of guys and was 1-0 on third hitter when Coach English pulled him. Lots of rust but his arm didn't hurt after the game and so for Coppell this is progress. Malone re-entered the game completed the walk and was replaced by Kettler with the bases loaded. After 4 runs scored the inning was complete, 10-4. Coppell scored three runs on a bases loaded triple by Kaskow, Kaskow scored the winning rule on high bouncer that the pitcher throw past the first baseman. The bats were working today, Kaskow and Watten each went yard, Kaskow had 7 rbi's!!!!

Tuesday - awaits, see you in Flower Mound!!!
Plano East 9
Wylie 4

WP - Bostwick (cg) -- another strong outing from one of our 3 senior pitchers

HR - East - Slater, Snider
Wylie - Vennet, Feckley

East clinches playoff spot with 2 games left.
Wylie and Allen are in by virtue of Plano loss to West. Seedings are left to be determined.

Plano East 10-2 (22-5)
Plano West 10-2
Wylie 8-4
Allen 7-4

East @ Plano, Tue
Allen @ East, Fri
Thanks Collikar and 11's Dad I will pass that on to BD, to tell you the truth it wasn't pretty and we went through 3 pitchers w/Britton finishing up the last 3 innings, but we got the Win and that is what matters at this point in the season.

Congrats to East on their playoff spot.

Good News on Green's arm, nice to see when good guys, like Green, come back.

Will be an interesting night for 6-5A Tuesday with Coppell at FM and Hebron at Marcus (Sr. Night, better grab the kleenix now cry)
Last edited by oldbat-never
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MeatsDad:
Coppell 14
Hebron 4
After 6 innings

Malone (w)
Kelley (L)

Coppell was up 10-0 on 1 hit after 4. Cole Green came into pitch to start the 5th inning. Velocity was good for coming off an injury, mid- 80s into a 40 mph wind. Cole walked a couple of guys and was 1-0 on third hitter when Coach English pulled him. Lots of rust but his arm didn't hurt after the game and so for Coppell this is progress.

MD,
Meat looked good today; I was impressed. Was somewhat surprised to see Green come in but I can understand English wanting to get him ready for playoff run. He walked young Hawk son and one other, but was still around the plate. Glad he's back for you all as he seems like a good kid.

OBN: Tuesday awaits. . .
I think you know this Texan, but Kale is Kirk's son. Kirk is a partner at DBAT and has coached PantherSon in the summer since he was 10, outside the past few years when he was the team's GM. Now the guys have a friendly little cross-town rivalry. Kale, '08 playing 2B at West, is hitting around .450. He's had a great year....and his girlfriend loves the long ball. Smile

Kale, don't spend the next week trying to hit another one. Home runs are accidents! Cool
Last edited by Panther Dad
quote:
Originally posted by MeatsDad:
MD,
Meat looked good today; I was impressed. Was somewhat surprised to see Green come in but I can understand English wanting to get him ready for playoff run. He walked young Hawk son and one other, but was still around the plate. Glad he's back for you all as he seems like a good kid.

OBN: Tuesday awaits. . .

Hawkman, thanks you I will pass it on to Meat. He does lurk here on occasion so he might see it himself. Actually I thought he was hittable and average until I came in from my left field perch long enough to really see what effected the wind had on all pitchers. Meat did a job as they say.

With 4 teams tied at 6-6 in District 6 - 5A I can't even guess as to an outcome. Lewisville keeps staying around but they have to beat Flower Mound to get in the mix. Didn't that happen last year?

Good luck to your two boys on Tuesday, say hello to OBN for us all.[/QUOTE]
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkman:
In the Hebron nightcap Saturday:

Hebron 14
Plano 0

WP- Travis Griffith

HR: Ryan Payne, Jon Velez

So. . .today we get run ruled at Coppell in the afternoon, then we run rule someone else in the evening. Gotta love baseball.

Way to go Ryan Payne! His Colleyville fans send our best! Goldberg will miss him this summer. Best of Luck
Colleyville - 7
Northwest - 2

WP - Kyle Duncan
LP - Fred Main

2B - (CV)Tim Maitland(2), Chris Herbert,(N)Jeremy Dwiggins
HR - (N)Tyler Collins

When you're a cellar-dweller you don't get much recognition, and then the recognition you do get is incorrect. When you're playing against said opponent, you don't get the recognition you deserve either. JMHO.

Hawkman, pass on our congrats to Ryan.
Last edited by collikar
quote:
Originally posted by collikar:
Colleyville - 7
Northwest - 2

WP - Kyle Duncan
LP - Fred Main

2B - (CV)Tim Maitland(2), Chris Herbert,(N)Jeremy Dwiggins
HR - (N)Tyler Collins

When you're a cellar-dweller you don't get much recognition, and then the recognition you do get is incorrect. When you're playing against said opponent, you don't get the recognition you deserve either. JMHO.

Hawkman, pass on our congrats to Ryan.

Congrats T-Bird!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.