Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, we're playing up a year in league but not in tournaments. Mostly because the competition at our age level (12U) isn't near as strong in league as it is the tournaments we'll play. We're only talking a couple feet difference in pitching and bases versus the USSSA and Super Series tournaments we'll play in.

Good luck in your first tournament.
banditodad

I haven't talked to you in a while. I trust all is well in bandito land. Smile I read your post about Cooperstown. If you hook up with Redbird's team you won't regret it. They are GREAT people!

We scrimmaged a lot of 13U teams last fall and played on their fields. No problems at all. The infielders had no problems adjusting. I was concerned about the pitchers, but it didn't have any effect on them either. I think it's good to play up.
The Sharks U12's will be playing up in the local USSSA league as well, although it won't start til mid-May due to Jr Hi baseball. The rest of their games should be in the U12 ranks but playing top quality across the board at their tourneys. The other U12 league they are in is the Midwest Super League, website as follows....

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=midwestsuperleague

Playing up at this level is the ONLY way to reach potential for these kids as you all have noticed as well.
Best of luck to you guys as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.