Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by ryanexpress:
If the numbers on Game Time are even close to being right then it sure looks like there is more than one pitcher having a tremendous year at Heath. I guess they shall go nameless.

To perform well as a TEAM and to go as far as this TEAM is capable of going, individuals need to put the TEAM first and not worry about personal accolades. Heath is having an incredible year but I have never seen folks this concerned about who is and who isn't getting the individual glory. Focus on the TEAM and don't worry about whose name is mentioned on the message boards. It sounds like this team has a ton of talent, best of luck.
Last edited by cheapseats
Cheapseats,
I was focusing on the TEAM. It was not my post that points out one kid. You do not go 25-0 with one kid having a superlative season. Fairness would dictate that once you mention one then someone else is going to feel slighted. I agree with your point 100%. They got it going on at Heath - whether people want to acknowledge the TEAM or any one of many individuals.
Congratulations to Jake Thompson for being selected to the Perfect Game Preseason Underclass All-American team.
The Perfect Game Preseason All American 1st, 2nd and 3rd team recognizes 180 players from the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Each team consists of 60 players who are currently juniors or sophomores in high school. "To receive the Perfect Game Preseason All-American Award is a tremendous achievement for these high school athletes," said Jerry Ford, President, Perfect Game USA. "We're proud to recognize their talent as they continue to prepare for their future in baseball."
quote:
Originally posted by pma:
Congratulations to Jake Thompson for being selected to the Perfect Game Preseason Underclass All-American team.
The Perfect Game Preseason All American 1st, 2nd and 3rd team recognizes 180 players from the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Each team consists of 60 players who are currently juniors or sophomores in high school. "To receive the Perfect Game Preseason All-American Award is a tremendous achievement for these high school athletes," said Jerry Ford, President, Perfect Game USA. "We're proud to recognize their talent as they continue to prepare for their future in baseball."

Congrats to Jake...well deserved.
Selected to the Perfect Game Preseason Underclass All-American teams.

Jake Thompson - Rockwall Heath High School V 2012 - High Honorable Mention
Jovan Hernandez - Rockwall Heath High School V 2012- Honorable Mention
Grayson Lewis - Rockwall Heath High School JV 2012 - Honorable Mention

Good job to all!!!
Area Players on Teams 1-3
Joshua Bell - Jesuit
Matt Dean - The Colony
Trevor Story - Irving

Area Players on High Honorable Mention
Brett Byrum - Rowlett
Skylar Ewing - Arlington
Blake Gipson - Denton Guyer
Michael Gill - Flower Mound Marcus
BreShon Kimbell - Mesquite
Ryan McCarthy - Plano
Jean Ramirez - Forth Worth Boswell
Willie Schwanke - Frisco Wakeland
Jeffrey Stovall - Irving
Jake Thompson - Rockwall Heath
Jake Wakamatsu - Keller
Ty Washington - Plano East
Jordan Zangarine - Rowlett

Area Players on Honorable Mention
Elijah Brown - Cedar Hill
Nick Bullington - Fort Worth Richland
Adam Choplick - Denton-Ryan
Dalton Deleon - Burleson
Tyler Eager - Fort Worth Christian
Spencer Edmonds - Berkner
Dustin Emmons - Fort Worth - Southwest Christian
Tucker Fielder - Rockwall
Cody Gunter - Flower Mound
Zacarias Hardy - Keller
Anthony Hermelyn - McKinney
Jovan Hernandez - Rockwall Heath
Austin Holbrook - McKinney
Wes Jones - Flower Mound
Grayson Lewis - Rockwall Heath
Hunter Lockwall - LD Bell
Tyler Provence - Lovejoy
Ben Sego - Southlake
Robert Slagel - Rowlett
Tiger Smith - St. Mark's
Teddy Stankiewics - Keller
Kevin Terry - Jesuit
Colin Treager - Flower Mound Marcus

Congratulations boys!
Last edited by baseballfreak80
Thompson did a great job on the mound going 7 innings. He threw hard, good movement, only gave up a few singles, allowed only two earned runs and had a big hit to put them ahead in the 3rd or 4th. Hawk bats were a little dead but that is going to happen. There was a Hawk error in the 7th that tied up the game. Hernandez had the hit that won the game (and is a great player) but definitly a team effort and a team win. Good job Hawks. Keep up the good work.
Last edited by baseballfreak80
Thompson had "good" stuff, no doubt, but it was not his best, so that shows how good he is. He even had a little mis step and twisted his ankle on the mound. Hernandez is a player. Not just a clutch player, the kid knows the game and produces anytime.

I love playing (back in my day!), watching, and talking baseball, but I really like this Heath team because it is a TEAM. They seem to gel pretty well together and pick up where one falls off.

With that being said, baseball can turn on you any minute, a one game series can be scary, but I think the TEAM still wins it!

Congrats to your Heath Hawks, twenty some odd wins and no losses speaks high levels of several young men over there.

I've seen most of your games and have enjoyed them all and look forward to more!
Sound like a BIG congrats to Rockwall is due as well!! I know they must have been disappointed, but they should be very proud!!! Who pitched for Rockwall??

quote:
Originally posted by Grodster:
Thompson had "good" stuff, no doubt, but it was not his best, so that shows how good he is. He even had a little mis step and twisted his ankle on the mound. Hernandez is a player. Not just a clutch player, the kid knows the game and produces anytime.

I love playing (back in my day!), watching, and talking baseball, but I really like this Heath team because it is a TEAM. They seem to gel pretty well together and pick up where one falls off.

With that being said, baseball can turn on you any minute, a one game series can be scary, but I think the TEAM still wins it!

Congrats to your Heath Hawks, twenty some odd wins and no losses speaks high levels of several young men over there.

I've seen most of your games and have enjoyed them all and look forward to more!
I want to publicly acknowledge the class displayed by 3 Rockwall dads at the game Friday night. Mr. Deloach and I met before the game. True gentleman. Mr. Steward introduced himself to me after the game to pass on some complimetary words about my son-very impessive and classy gesture on his part. I have known Mr. Colechecci for awhile and he was his usual class act immediately after a painful loss for his team. This was a fabulous high school baseball game and both teams deserved to win. I hope RHS represents the city well in the playoffs and I applaud the classiness of the guys I met.
quote:
Originally posted by Grodster:
...had "good" stuff, no doubt, but it was not his best, so that shows how good he is. He even had a little mis step and twisted his ankle on the mound.

Sorry I'm late to the game with this post...been gone.

Hey Grod - sounds like a little unintentional cut to my team.
I like to think all the Heath players brought their "A" game
and the Rockwall guys did an equally great job staying with the
Hawks in a close one.
quote:
Originally posted by Tx-Husker:
quote:
Since JT didn't throw his very best that game, tell me how to know when he does so I can watch for it.

Sounds like you just missed it against Royce City...1 hit, no walks, 18 Ks. Hard to imagine it gets any better than that.

I was at the game and JT pitched great. but the best part of that game was the Heath Hawks giving the $1000.00 check to coach Wolfe for Jake Owen.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.