Skip to main content

POOL PAIRINGS AND GAME TIMES FOR RUSTY DRAPER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT "THE HEART OF A CHAMPION" 10/21-22

All Games will be played at the Marcus HS Baseball Field located in Flower Mound. 5707 Morriss Road.

Saturday 10/21

9 am Marcus Red vs Lewisville Varsity
11:15 am Coppell Mustangs* vs Marcus Red
1:30 pm Lewisville Varsity vs Coppell
3:45 pm Marcus Black vs Prestonwood Var.
6:00 pm Prestonwood vs Texas Stix
8:00 pm Texas Stix vs Marcus Black

Sunday 10/22

G1 9:00 am Seed 4 vs Seed 5
G2 11:15 am Seed #2 vs WG1
G3 1:30 pm Seed 3 vs Seed 6
G4 3:45 pm Seed #1 vs WG3

CHAMPIONSHIP 6pm WG2 vs WG4

*Coppell Mustangs is the reunion of a select team made up of members from Coppell HS, TCA, Irving Nimitz before they were members of teams like the Tigers/Mustangs/DBAT, et al.... with members such as Kaskow, Green, Shultz, Crabtree and many other names you might know.

NO GATE FEE, Come out and watch some great baseball......

For more information visit our website:

Click here for more information.

Or email us at: drapertournament@aol.com

The goal of this tourney is to raise funds for the Rusty Draper Memorial Scholarship Fund. Coach Rusty Draper was the Head Golf Coach at Marcus at the time of his passing, due to a heart attack, and prior to coaching golf Rusty was the Marcus Asst. Varsity Baseball Coach (for many years).

The Scholarship Fund was established to assist his family's, a wife and 3 young daughters, educational needs and besides raising money for this fund the tournament has become a way for our baseball community to remember and embrace the memory of a loving/dedicated Father, Coach and friend.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This tournament allows me to see all the Lewisville schools play. It was after watching this tournamnet last year that I posted on here to watch out for Lewisville HS.

These coaches try to play as close to their starting 8 every game as they are playing district rivalries and they want to win.

It would be a shame if it was on the same weekend as WWB because Lewisville's number one will be in Florida.....shoot, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by oldbat-never:
1 SPOT REMAINING IN THIS TOURNEY

Will post on Monday info. on the team that is the Return of the__________________team. I will keep you guessing......

It's Monday, when do we get to find out the mystery team?

Well, guess you already told me, so I know, but when are you going to let the masses know?
Been Cleaning up my posts (getting rid of the old and my bumps) so I get current on this.

TOURNAMENT IS NOW FULL BUT I AM TAKING A WAITING LIST AND WE MAY OPEN THIS UP TO MORE TEAMS WATCH FOR UPDATE NEXT WEEK

As of today we are full, but taking a waiting list. THANK YOU to all that have responded/bumped/supported this. All spaces are taken but until paid there is always the possibility that a slot will open up. The following teams have committed:

TPA Baseball
Lewisville High School Varsity
Prestonwood
Marcus Varsity I
Marcus Varsity II*
MYSTERY TEAM IS: Return of the Coppell Mustangs some of you out there might remember this team from the old days, like when they were 11 or 12 yrs old with players such as..... Kaskow, Green, Schultz, Crabtree and others......coming back together for one last hurrah-how fun is that!

PENDING LIST
FMHS
Little Elm
Denton

WAITING LIST-ADD YOUR NAME
we will still take names until payment has been received from the pending teams.

For more information email me at: drapertournament@aol.com
or visit our webpage: www.marcusbaseball.com

*we have over 45 players in our off season program not counting Freshman or football players so we need to have 2 teams.
Last edited by oldbat-never
We have opened this tournament up to 9 teams as we have secured the Lewisville HS field as well (only minutes from the Marcus Field). If you are interested in playing drop me a note, I have contacted the teams on the waiting list and if they are interested we will be sold out if not we will have space available.

PM me if you are interested or email me at: drapertournament@aol.com
Thanks for the good words, looks like beautiful weather and some great baseball for the Draper Tournament.....lots of talent on all 6 teams... If you want a good baseball fix this weekend come to Marcus, the grill is going and there is no gate fee.....we will be having a short ceremony before the 11:15 game on Saturday with the Draper Family, hope to see you there....

Catchallmom, Well,,,,,,,,,,you guys did it to us last week in FB,,,,,4 years in a row......we got pounded at the mound........we got the AXE tomorrow night and hopefully we will retain that this year..... GIVE A CALL we need to catch up on things....
Had some great weather today, a bit windy in the afternoon and chilly tonight but it beats rain!!! Met Oldpitcher tonight and he was able to keep warm with about 5 of us in the pressbox, best place to be when it is that cold outside and hopefully he was able to stay sane with all of us Marcus Folks...

Saw Honest and Biased up at the field, Lions and several from Coppell that I know are on here but I don't know what they go by on here (Mr. Pair, give it up)......

Here are today's results and tomorrow's pairings:

Marcus Red 0 vs LHS 5
Coppell Mustangs 8 vs Marcus Red 6
LHS 15 vs Mustangs 3
Marcus Black 3 vs Preston wood 6
Prestonwood 11 vs TX Stix 1
TX Stix 1 vs Marcus Black 16

Tomorrow:
G1 9am #4 Seed Mustangs vs #5 Marcus Red
G2 11:15 #2 Seed Prestonwood vs WG1
G3 1:30 #3 Seed Marcus Black vs #6 TX Stix
G4 3:45 #1 Seed LHS vs WG3

CHAMPIONSHIP 6pm WG2 vs WG4
Sunday:

Coppell defeats Marcus Red 11-0
Semifinal: Coppell Defeats Prestonwood 15-6

Marcus Black Defeats TX Stixs 8-4
Semifinal: Marcus Black Defeats LHS in 8 innings 3-1

FINAL:
Marcus Black defeats Coppell 8-5 to win the tournament.

THANK YOU to all that supported this tournament it was a great weekend of baseball and a wonderful way to help The Draper Family.....
Thanks Lions and as always a pleasure seeing you and visiting with you and by the way nice HR by Lions Son today!

This weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting Cole Green's dad, I have known and watched Cole for years but never met his family and this weekend his family totally surprised me with an incredible/unsolicitated gesture of support for the Draper Family! Wow, this baseball community is amazing!!!

Our weekend at Marcus was filled with lots of good baseball for a great cause and it was really cool to see a team like the Coppell Mustangs come together for 1 last HURRAH before their players (most of them some of them still have 2 yrs left of HS) head off towards their next great stage of life whether it be College Baseball, a pro career, College w/o baseball or a job... these players entered our tourney as a way to remember the good old days and from the looks on the players and parents faces, through out the weekend, they accomplished that and more.........

I personally remember their "youth" days of baseball watching them play and compete against my son's youth team, the Marauders, when they were the Mustangs, I have even had the pleasure of watching some of them play and compete on select teams after the Mustangs and this year I will see some of them in the Spring during the HS season.........

What a great idea, having a Reunion team, these guys played hard this weekend but most of all they played for the memories of the past and the wishes for the future.......I am envious......

Thank You Coppell Mustangs, Prestonwood, Texas Stix and Lewisville High for a great weekend and for all those Seniors that played this weekend ENJOY this last year of HS season and best of luck to each and every one of you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.