Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Naaman has the top two pitchers in district and if they come up with a third they will be very hard to beat.

C21,

Yes, Naamnan has two quality starters, but they graduated a solid group last year.

Rowlett seems to have the most returning and have a few quality arms as well.

Not sure what SG has, but they always seem to be in the hunt.
Longtoss, I would love to come on here and gloat about how Rowlett is going to win the district but I don't think it will be that easy. I was talking to Ringer1 son the other night and he also said that NF is the team to beat. Mainly because of their pitching depth. I believe their third starter pitched a no-hitter against McKinney last year. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.
Rockwall has some pitching coming up from JV and should not be under estimated. The Rock always competes.
The only thing I know about SG is that they are always at the top. I would not expect anything less.

JMO
OMG,

Front Runner in 11-5A.

Everyone who knows anything about anything in 11-5A knows that you will know who the front runner is on the last Friday in April. Been that way for years and won't change this year. You include Rockwall and as always the District is wide open. The front runner wins the games he's supposed to win and splits the others and there is a race at the end with 3-4 teams that have a shot.

As a biased participant I do think Rowlett will play a major role in the District race, but are they the team to beat? Probably not, as Naaman swept them last year. Health and Senior Leadership will determine the team to beat.

Last edited by JAFO
I know South has a great coach, but do you really think they will make the playoffs?? I keep hearing that Sachse may be in the thick of it, did they get Jordan Swagerty from Plano Prestonwood(?) or is it Plano Christian??? He was at Garland before that. Did Sachse lose alot of seniors from last year? It's pretty much a given that Rowlett/Naaman will duke it out for district champs,(as they do every year), but it should be competitive for the next two spots.
After watching Naaman Forest perform in play-offs against Klein Collins, I was very impressed. Their top two pitchers are studs and their defense was the best I have ever seen play at the high school level. I bet at least 10 hits were denied by their stellar defense. If there's a doubt as to them finishing first in the 11-5A district, then it must be STACKED! I for one, hope you guys, in that district, will post scores and keep us up to date in the Houston area as to what goes on.

Re-alignment seperated Klein Collins from the Woodlands and the Conroe schools, but gave us Tomball and Spring school in the 16-5A district.
I must say I'm struggling with the humor in fear of being wrong... but I must say... wait... I'm going to hold back from any comments on the previously mentioned topic in fear of... the train.

disclaimer: this sense of humor won't be understood by most if any. It's a stupid joke and shouldn't be taken seriously or to have any true comedic value. Oh wait, that's refferring to MY joke!
quote:
Originally posted by Dtiger:
I must say I'm struggling with the humor in fear of being wrong... but I must say... wait... I'm going to hold back from any comments on the previously mentioned topic in fear of... the train.

disclaimer: this sense of humor won't be understood by most if any. It's a stupid joke and shouldn't be taken seriously or to have any true comedic value. Oh wait, that's refferring to MY joke!

Dtiger...........you're WAY too young to know the attempted humor on the post about Jimmy Swagerty. If you knew what I meant, I would really worry that you had too much time on your hands!
Last edited by Old Pitcher

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.