Skip to main content

Hello everyone. I have been working really hard on my mechanics lately, mostly my back leg force vector angle, as well as keeping my lead leg closed as along as possible.

I am 5 ft 8 and 175 lbs.

I do not know where my velocity is as of now, i was clocked at 82 mph in June.

i will take any criticism happily!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Bw4&feature=youtu.be
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi and welcome to the site. Lots of things look good. Based on what you say you are working on, I'm sure you are getting good instruction. I, too, do not claim to be a pitching expert. I do have an observation/question though.
When a pitcher is broken down in slo mo it is always surprising to see how much pronation occurs with the throwing arm. To me, yours looks a bit more excessive than most - almost as if you were trying to throw a screwball. This is visible from the point of immediate release all the way to through the end of your finish. In fact, you even walk out of your finish with your arm and hand still in a pronated position. Does your P coach ever address that or staying directly behind and thru the ball? Not advice, just a question.
I second what Bum said.
Another general rule I follow with pitchers is don't go forward unless your eyes are on the target. You don't seem to pick up the catcher's mitt again until you are about half way through your delivery.
Lock your eyes on the location BEFORE going forward. It can help with command.
Looks good overall! Good luck!

BaseballByTheYard.com
SultanofSwat- Could you please clarify?

CabbageDad-

Yes, i do pronate excessively on purpose, I make sure not to do it until after ball release though. By pronating my elbow and its' joint lock back into place as opposed to supinating, where they extend out.

Bum- thanks for the advice. Nice quote

Lefthookdad-
yes i do this on purpose as well. i am a small guy so I have to emulate other small high- velocity throwers. If you look at Lincecum, Trevor Bauer, or Marcus Stroman, they all do the same thing. It creates some extra momentum by leading with the hip.

thanks everyone

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.