Skip to main content

Out of curiosity I pulled out info that I was keeping. I had saved the pitchers throwing 90 and up.
There were 43 players that threw 91 - 96. They consisted of 2003,2004. Of those 43, 24 of them (that I am aware) were drafted either out of HS or college in very early rounds or top 5. A few 2003 I recognized as college players still in college. Not all drafted were as pitchers. Very familiar names on the top pf that list, Ian Kennedy, Homer Bailey, Matt Bush, Brad Lincoln,Chris Perez, Jared Hughes, Nick Adenhardt,Adam Miller, Ryan Harvey, Chris Nelson. Many drafted out of HS, some out of college. Those names that were very unfamiliar to me then are names I am familiar with now. They were the best of the best at that tournament, predicted to be top rounders and remained highly ranked throughout senior year in HS and three years in college. Most of them today top minor league prospects. Good job on PG/BA's part on recognizing talent.

The second group of pitchers were those hitting 90, 49 of them. Of that group most were 2003's, some 2004's and two 2005's. I recognized some of the 2003's in top programs (one of them rz's son).I knew most of the 2004's as college pitchers doing well in good programs. I rememberd that while these kids are talented, they were not ranked as high as the first group throwing above 90. They headed to college instead of the minors.

What's the point you say? I suppose after all the discussions we have had on rankings and velocity, the lists never lie. Pretty accurate IMO.

Interestng stuff from the past.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.