Skip to main content

I haven't seen the complete list and it wasn't on the TSWA website this morning, but according to this article in the "Daily News Online" it has been released.

The article mainly talks about middle TN players, but it also has a few others: Price, Alexander named to all-state team
[B]"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."[/B]
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In the past the TSWA All-State team selection process and the failure to award players selected to the All-state team any mementos for their accomplishments has left some parents and players confused. During my son’s high school years, the press reported that he had been selected to the All-State baseball team three years running but he has never received as mush as a piece of paper from the TSWA. I contacted the TSWA twice about this and they said they were experiencing some difficulties because of personnel changes. Obviously they didn’t make the proper changes. Hopefully things have changed for the better since he was in high school. noidea
Fungo
Should be interesting to see if the two kids in East Tenn who deserve a spot will be named---McGahey from Science Hill and Kilgore from Dobyns Bennett. According to the Johnson City Press and Kingsport Times News Kilgore led the conference in average (.478) hits (66) rbi's (48) triples (4) and era (1.80) Both McGahey and Kilgore had 8 wins as well. Between the two of them they dominated most all the statistical categories.
Division I, Class A
  • Pitchers – Mikie Minor, Forrest; John Hooper, Goodpasture; Brandon Tuten, Mt. Pleasant; Michael McGee, Goodpasture.
  • Catchers – Tate McMillan, Houston County; Josh Liles, University School of Jackson.
  • Infielders – Nathan McBroom, Couumbia County; Brad Cobb, Goodpasture; Bubba Holt, Mt. Pleasant; Neylan Roberts, Mt. Pleasant; Daniel Johnson, Trinty Christian; Chad Lewis, Unaka; Ryan Ross, University School of Jackson.
  • Outfielders – Blake Bratcher, Davidson Academy; Brett Warren, Franklin Road Academy; Danny Pulley, Goodpasture; Caleb Moore, Greenback; Adam Darby, Jackson Christian; Brandon Bailey, Washburn.
  • Utility Players – Brian Neliett,Huntingdon; Jon Jackson, Richland.
  • Designated Hitters – Michael Wheeler, Friendship Christian.
  • Coach of the Year – Rich Estep, Goodpasture.

Division I, Class AA
  • Pitchers – Tyler Mathis, Covington; Barrett Brown, Greenbrier; Hayden Shrum, Macon County; Jonathan White, Milan; Kyle Mills, Montogomery Central; Matt Day, Rutledge.
  • Catchers – Nathan Paisley, Johnson County; Kyle Deering, Macon County.
  • Infielders – Michael David, Covington; Scott Dean, Jackson South Side; Blake McAdams, Ripley; Josh Sitz, Grundy County; Shawn Wright, Sullivan North; Josh O'Dell, Sullivan Central.
  • Outfielders – Jarrett Jones, Chester County; Toby Woodlee, Grundy County; Justin Powers, Humboldt; Matt Pryor, Seymour.
  • Utility Players – Brian Colson,Livingston Academy; Phillip White, Milan, Tylor Cannon, Pigeon-Forge.
  • Designated Hitters – Jonathan Keck, Livingston; Kyle Koeneman, Seymour.
  • Coach of the Year – Donny Joyner, Milan.

Division I, Class AAA
  • Pitchers – David Price, Blackman; Bubba Vincent, Coffee County; Michael Alcorn, Cookeville; Kyle Waldrop, Farragut; Cliff Hardy, Mt Jullett; Daniel Larson, Knoxville Halls; Rob Catapano, Farragut.
  • Catchers – Corey Kemp, Centennial; Chris Kirkland, South-Doyle
  • Infielders – Stewart Meinhart, Brentwood; Zach Cozart, Collierville; Cale Iorg, Karns; Clint Alexander, Riverdals; Brandon Munsey, Knoxville Halls; Aaron Hudgins, Sullivan South; Matt Spencer, Morristown West.
  • Outfielders – Chase Greenway, Greeneville; Kyle Burgess, Brentwood; Cody Simmons, Dyersburg; Jonathan White, Shelbyville; Travis Jenkins, Jefferson County.
  • Utility Players – Brantley Kilgore, Dobyns-Bennett, Matt McGahey, Science Hill.
  • Designated Hitter – Justin Pickett, White House
  • Coach of the Year – Tommy Pharr, Farragut.

Division II
  • Pitchers – Philip Irwin, Christian Brothers; Shay Crawford, Harding Academy; Scott Pettus, Montgomery Bell Academy; Ryan Moore, McCallie.
  • Catchers – Chad Bishop, SBEC; Bubba Herbold, Webb School of Knoxville.
  • Infielders – Daniel Vanaman, Christian Brothers; Chase Stejskl, Father Ryan; Brad French, Montgomery Bell Academy; Ray Hensley, Rosemark Academy.
  • Outfielders – Brent Moss, Christian Brothers; Hunter Mize, Brentwood Academy; Clay Haury, Montgomery Bell Academy; Michael Fisher, Montgomery Bell Academy, Brian Cronk, Webb School of Knoxville.
  • Utility Player – Jeremy Finney, Christian Brothers; Nate Hall, Webb School of Knoxville.
  • Coach of the Year – Thomas Wims, Montogomery Bell Academy.

I hope I didn't miss any! Congratulations to all players. There was a number of repeat selections.
Last edited by HiwasseeVol
HV - as with any team like this there will be deserving players who are left off. Some may be overlooked. Some may be overshadowed because they play on the same team or district with other high-profile players. Some may have toiled on a mediocre team. Players who get an opportunity to play into post-season may get noticed more.

Congratulations to all the players who were selected. They are all deserving.

Having said that, "Harry" would definitely be on my team patrolling centerfield.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.