Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Tough for me to predict this tournament since I don't know anything about the teams from South Texas. I do know that of the teams from DFW based on head to head meetings this year I would rank them as follows: 1) Tigers 2)Dodgers 3)DBAT 4)Mustangs.

It looks like the Dodgers have a good bracket position (assuming they win their first two games).

Should be a good tournament.
DBat gets an easy ride into round 3; Tigers have a tougher row to hoe, but get there also. If Dodgers get through first two, getting the Bye when they do will be a big advantage - gerat time to reload. Meanwhile, it's back to DBat v. Tigers. Tough to pick a winner, but three of the north Texas teams should dominate. Mustangs a great team, but age could catch up with them - said that before and been proven wrong, but that's a good bet before it's all over.
Last edited by texdad10
quote:
Originally posted by crawdad:
DBAT 16's aren't what they used to be compared to when they were 14's.

How about last year when they were 15 and got 2nd in the MMWS??

They are basically the same team with a better catcher and a couple of added pitchers.

The Dodgers run ruled DBAT this year, the Tigers have beat the Dodgers and DBAT run ruled the Tigers.

I think all three have a good chance, but its hard to choose. It's a testament that we have three great ball clubs from Dallas at the 16U level this year. IMO edge to the Tigers then DBAT, Dodgers (in that order).
Last edited by DP2005
quote:
Originally posted by Longtoss:
Having seen all the DFW teams. My predictions are that only 2 DFW teams make it through in the winners bracket.

1. Tigers. Solid all the way through.
2. Dbat. Right there too.
3. Dodgers. Solid pitching, but bats not solid up and down.
4. Mustangs. Great 15 year-old team.

My take:
1. Tigers - agree with you
2. Dbat - do not agree - pitching is not deep and I was not impressed with their hitting. Defense is very good however.
3. Dodgers - agree on pitching - very solid and they will all be there for this tournament. I disagree on their hitting - it has been pretty good against the "top" pitchers they have faced. They do have problems with lefthanders but so do alot of kids at this age. I think the only weakness they have shown (and it has cost them games) is a few problems in the field. If they play a good game in the field they will be tough for anyone to beat.
4. Mustangs - agree. These guys are good and are capable of beating the Tigers, Dbat, or the Dodgers. The Dodgers only beat them 3-2 and had to use two of their top pitchers to do it. These guys are going to upset some teams down in Houston.
OK crawdiddy --- enough bashing on DBAT.

The fact is, the core of DBAT's team has been together for three years and has won more big games than any team in town.

The Dodgers caught DBAT this year when they were down. In the first league game they played (a 4-3 Dodger win), DBAT had just completed going 7-0 at Burkburnett including having played three games and a total of 24 innings on Monday and then turned around to play a league doubleheader on Wed. You crowed about it then and I made no comment. But really... a BBI league game? Big deal.

At the Regional Qualifier DBAT was depleted after losing their top lefthanded pitcher and outfielder to injury at the TCU showcase. Add to all of this the fact that DBAT lost their outstanding shortstop at the opening of the summer to a shoulder injury and it is remarkable that they are 38-8-2 for the season having won Burkburnett, the TCU Showcase and the Keller state tournament.

Aside from the McKinney win this past weekend, what tournaments have the Dodgers won?

With all of that said --- the Dodgers are a good team and may very well win in Houston. I know many of their players and they are fine young men and good ballplayers. But they do not need you building them up by tearing down DBAT --- a team that has built a remarkable 3-year record of 134-39-6.

Smile
Last edited by Natural
Natural, I never posted anything about DBAT after the Dodgers beat them either time this summer.

If you will look at my post above I pointed out weaknesses (in my opinion) of BOTH Dbat AND the Dodgers (Dbat - pitching depth, Dodgers - defense). If there was any team that I built up it would be the Tigers - I agreed that they were a solid team.

None of this matters anyway - in a few hours the tournament gets started and our opinions will be worth squat.

Good luck to the ALL the boys on the fields.
quote:
Originally posted by Natural:
crawdad --- you are correct about no prior posts --- I apologize and stand corrected on that point.

This is what got to me when you wrote...

quote:
DBAT 16's aren't what they used to be compared to when they were 14's.

And you are correct that results will tell the story. Good luck to ALL. Wink

I can understand how the above statement would not be taken well. I was trying to say that there is alot of good competition at the 16 year old level. That is obvious to anyone who watches the games - the comment above never should have been made and I apologize. ALL of these kids that I have seen play the game the right way and deserve nothing but praise from us "adults".

Again, I have nothing but respect for the Dbat, Tigers, Mustangs, Patriots, AND the Dodgers. Sorry about the negative post.
Crawdaddy -- I knew what you meant about the age....just trying to keep the "adult" posts lighthearted and fun -- you daddy's sometimes take this great "game" way too seriously, especially this time of year! (ok, ok, some of us mom's do too!!) Good luck to all the players representing the great STATE OF TEXAS. The next 2 weekends should be exciting.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.