Skip to main content

Our organization, the Columbia Reds (MD), are currently in negotiations with a mid-West university to host a July 4th baseball tournament in the summer of '05. We have been very fortunate over the past 15 years to play great teams from all over the country. Teams like Bayside Yankees, East Cobb, Dulins Dodgers, Bill Hood Broncos, Olympia Pepsi, South Troy, Brooklyn Youth Services, and the list goes on and on. I am going to qualify my next statement by saying we do not feel we are in the same league as the teams listed above. We feel we are a step behind and have prided ourselves in playing these teams to learn and grow as a program. We have won some of those contests, but have lost more than we have won. I will be contacting the folks of the programs listed above...but for those of you who feel you want to compete against teams like the ones above, let me know. I will talk to you at length and see what we can do. We envision 16 teams and running the tournament for about 5 days. This will not be a showcase! It will be run as a real tournament with a champion.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

For 2004:

The Central Florida Renegades and the Orlando Scorpions are proud to announce that their 7th Annual Independence Day Tournament will have a new endorsor. TeamOneBaseball.com will sponsor our 2004 Tournament weeklong event at Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee, Florida.

This premier event will henceforth be called the TeamOneBaseball.com Independence Day Invitational.

While this is not a Team One event per say, Team One staff will be on hand to evaluate the talent for invitations to their prestigious showcases. Also, Team One staff will be evaluating talent in this event to help prepare Team One national player rankings later in the summer.

This event starts on June 29th with a Scout Day. All teams will have an opportunity to run the 60-yard dash, take a Team One style infield/outfield, and hit on the field in front of college and professional scouts. Later that afternoon, we will hold a homerun hitting contest and recruiting seminar in the main stadium.

The tournament opens on June 30th and runs through July 4th. There is a guarantee of five games with the possibility of playing eight games to win the championship. We expect to have most of the top Division 1 colleges in the southeast attend this prestigious event. Last year coaches from the ACC, SEC, Big East, Atlantic Sun, Sun Belt, Big South, and Southern Conference were among the attendees. In addition, most of the Florida Division II and Junior College coaches spent time at the event.

There are still spots available, as we have increased the number of teams in this event. Please call either Central Florida Renegades coach Bob Pincus at 352-365-6130 or Orlando Scorpions coach Sal Lombardo at 407-774-6474.

TeamOneBaseball.com will spotlight many of the teams and top players on their website before and after the Independence Day Invitational. The website is read by thousands of people per week and covers the nation’s best high school, college and minor league prospects.

Bob Pincus
Head Coach
Central Florida Renegades
www.eteamz.com/centralfloridarenegades
RobPincus@aol.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.