Skip to main content

I've posted all the verbal commitments I know at http://www.prepbaseballreport.com under News and Updates. I'm sure I've forgotten some, but here's a starter list. Please email me at duncan@prepbaseballreport.com with any updates of other players.

Congrats to LHP Matt Diedrich, who recently committed to Northwestern.

Sean Duncan
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PBR,

Thanks for all your valuable information. I couldn't help notice that St.Joseph College has signed 3 players to help next years Puma's. Do any posters know Mike Pericht, C Providence, Benets OFVictor Valdez or Tom Zurliene, SS JCA?

My son plays for St. Joes and it looks like they will field another excellent team this year. The 2005 Puma's finished 42-19, rated #1 in the region and 25th in country.
Last edited by Sdawg34
quote:
Originally posted by Sdawg34:
PBR,

Thanks for all your valuable information. I couldn't help notice that St.Joseph College has signed 3 players to help next years Puma's. Do any posters know Mike Pericht, C Providence, Benets OFVictor Valdez or Tom Zurliene, SS JCA?

My son plays for St. Joes and it looks like they will field another excellent team this year. The 2005 Puma's finished 42-19, rated #1 in the region and 25th in country.

Mike Pericht is a big, athletic catcher that blocks anything and everything. He has a pretty solid bat too, but with work he could be a great hitter. St Joe's definitely did a good job.
I really don't think going to a certain college,make's you a great player,or for that matter make's you less a player cause you go there. Isu,produced the top left handed relief pitcher in the Major's, Neal Cotts! Kyle O'brien was one of the top high school player's in the State, if not the top! Ryan Anetsberger from Glenbard West,has been invited to the Cape Cod league next summer. So Power's going there is not a slight on Connor. Heard Norte Dame was very interested, but there was problem's with Admission's. Mississippi State is interested and has invited him down to the school in December, I hear Iowa is very interested in Connor, and Mesa cc. in Arizona will take him in a heart beat, so I am guessing Mr.Powers is weighing his option's. Good luck to him in any decision he make's. Heard the big guy ran a 6.8 in the 60 and ND this past September, that was from one of the coaches down there who I know. I can not forget to congratulate our very own Mike Many from Naperville Central, who made the Norte Dame team as a WALK ON ! applaude clap
Last edited by talent4thegame
talen4thegame, thanks for putting those names out there. I hope you don't think I was trying to slight either the player or the school. I didn't realize that isu was that into baseball or had so much talent going there. After everthing I have heard on Conners it certainly wasn't a slight on him. Many talented players go in many different directions. I always like to hear a walk-on makes it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.