Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Beenthere, I don't smoke. Nobody picked the Cubs in 03 and the same can be said for the White Sox in 05. The Cubs will contend this year. The White Sox should win the American League Central easily. I'm not sold on the Indians and the rest of the division is weak. This will be the first season in along time that the Cubs and Sox will both be in the hunt in September.
Rebel,
I picked the White Sox in 2005. I picked them 2004, 2003, 2002...anyway, you get the idea. Can you guess who I'm picking in 2006?

Beenthere,
I disagree. This year the Cubs will not win the attendance derby. Just a feeling but I sense a weakening in the Cubbie faithful, it is a presence I have not felt in years.
Last edited by HSDad
The Cubs will swing the Sticks in o-six. Zambrano, Prior and Woody will all win 20. Best Bullpen in the ML.

One thing we know in Chicago is that whatever success our teams have had has been hard to build on. Sox never quite get it going this year...maybe win the division or wild card if no one else is any good either. Quiet exit in the playoffs.
Last edited by FastballDad
quote:
The Cubs will swing the Sticks in o-six. Zambrano, Prior and Woody will all win 20. Best Bullpen in the ML.

You Cubs fans really are deluded...you guys crack me up...

You do know that you finished behind the Brewers last year don't you?

Your new acquisitions made your team worse...and you still have the most incompetent manager in all of baseball

1st place? Try 5th or 6th...

toilet
It's one thing for a Cardinal Fan or a Sox Fan to ridicule a Cub Fan for being optimistic......but haha...giggle giggle ....ha ha ha....when a Brewer Fan talks down at you that is another thing.

The Brewers hit their high water mark last year. Their very good manager will end up getting fired before his newly extended contract runs out because he will be blamed for the failure of a team that won't win because they don't have the money. Dusty Baker will beat The Cubs more often than the Brewers will.
Last edited by FastballDad
quote:
Dusty Baker will beat The Cubs more often than the Brewers will

Brewers Record vs Cubs all-time...
45-45

Brewers Record vs Cubs in 2005...
9-7

Seems to me the Cubs have never beaten the Brewers consistently...and at half the payroll...how 'bout that?

You Cubs fans really have yourselves fooled if you think you'll be in the top half of the division this year...

The Brewers are on the rise...get used to looking up at us in the standings (just like last season)
I think of the Brewers like they are the Cubs' little brother. They are likeable and the fans don't seem to mind making room for us up in the dome. Good sausage and the mustard is outstanding. I absolutley love "Roll out the barrel" and think it should be the only song they do during the 7th inning stretch. Not many teams have such a natural fit.

But come on. The Cubs have hardly set the world on fire, but when was the last time the Brew Crew even sniffed the playoffs? Let's hope for the little guys to be in the hunt for the wild card...that would be a heartwarming story.

The Cubs split the season series with the Sox last year and what was that worth? I'll give you moral victories such as a 9-7 season series win. Blazer....you put up a couple dozen brats and a case of Milwaukee's Finest against a downtown Chicago Steakhouse at the end of the season, OK?
The White Sox are clearly the best team in baseball who else has a potential 15 game winner as a long relief pitcher? A nice luxury and better security blanket. Their defense is also stellar. What wins games? Pitching and defense, Just ask the Yankees.

As for the Cub fans yet to jump over to the south side that think the cubs are contenders: I say this person is a typical cub fan. one who has gone to the games for years and cheered players like sammy sosa when they hit a 3 run homer in the 9th when the cubs are down 10 zero. They are the same fans that rave about injury riddled players like Wood and Prior and still argue that they are better than Buehrle and Contreras. Cubs fans have to realize that the Cardinals are the class of the NL central, in addittion the Brewers and Pirates are also much improved a couple key injuries on the North Side and maybe the reds could even sneek by?

Predictions

AL central White Sox (2005 World Series Champs)
AL west Angels
AL east Yankees

NL central Cardinals
NL west Giants
NL east Mets
19, Sammy Sosa hit alot of very important homeruns as well. In 98 and 03 the Cubs made the playoffs. The Cardinals have been the bset regular season team in baseball over the last three seasons. That would be the case no matter what division they played in. It's been proven over the last few years if your picked to win something you probably won't. It will be interesting to see how well the White Sox will fare, when beeing expected to win. The American League Central is a weak division and that should make it easier for them to again be playing in October.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.