Skip to main content

What about the WSC Silver? Who will be the top teams and are there any high profile players to watch? My son makes it to as many Downers Grove North games he can. And how does the WSC Silver rank this year. Lyons, Oak Park, York and Hinsdale Central, I think there is a few state championships in that group of teams.
Hard to wonder since it is only January and no school has even practiced, let alone had a roster posted, where any of these teams fit?

I see according, to the buy in poll, that Benet is rated #1 but that system is so off base.

What could and will happen is after the pre-conference schedule takes place the ratings should then be set.
Mr. Nasty. BTW I love the login name.
Your asking about David Norkus southpaw hard throwing lefty, buerhle type guy, he also plays first and can smack the ball anywhere around the field. Anthony Maziur CF, great OF as well as pitcher and can hit the ball 320 feet any given day. Charlie Johnson SS, kid can run, flat out maybe the fastest kid I have seen in a while. Great glove and he can really hit the ball. Nick Vacco 2nd Base, great hands, decent stick, always on base type kid, and he pitches. These 4 are key ingredients to Oak Forest's formula over plus there are many more over there who can play w anyone.
quote:
Originally posted by CSG:
What about the WSC Silver? Who will be the top teams and are there any high profile players to watch? My son makes it to as many Downers Grove North games he can. And how does the WSC Silver rank this year. Lyons, Oak Park, York and Hinsdale Central, I think there is a few state championships in that group of teams.

CSG,

The WSC Silver will be pretty strong with LT, OPRF, & HC having a lot of talent. Glenbard West, DGN, & York could step up and compete as well. It should be a fun year. Maybe I'll see you at a DGN game this spring.

Mike F
I have seen Oak Forest, they will be heavily senior driven, except for maybe at catcher and some outfield spots. Charlie Johnson seems better to me at 2nd base, not a strong enough arm for short. They have a junior that could play short. I am not sure how well they will hit. 4 or 5 tough after that they will be small ballers.

Who is on the Richard's team this year?
Last edited by godemons24
Oak Forest will be solid for the next three years. They have a junior pitcher by the name of John Koschnitzky. He is 6'6'' and 185 lbs. He is an excellent athlete and a kid who throw in the 90's when all is said and done. Stanford has showed some interest in him already. They have a junior catcher who is sharpening his skills and is a talent. In the Cangelosi camp th threw a 1.88 to second. He usually is around a 1.92.By the way, he has a small hitch in his throw. Ryan Gorney and Mike Venturella are good ball players. Their Sophomores are very good as well. They have good pitching and have depth defensively.
rczar11,
Won't Kid K have to choose between Basketball and baseball. It is not like someone like Nate Everheart going to Indiana will wrestle and play baseball or at least he said he would try that his first year. Basketball and Baseball in College overlap too much. Which is his strongest sport? Someone told me his parents want him to go to Illinois or Northwestern so they can see him play.

After this strong year of seniors what do you see for the next two years? Also heard that OF lost some athletes this last year to private schools. Will that happen again this year?
Last edited by godemons24
First, what difference what word I use; you should still get the point. On the question of losing players to the private schools; we really don't loose players to private schools.
There are some players from Oak Forest that do go to private schools but they are not in our District so they could not attend Oak Forest anyway. We have a strong tradition in Baseball and a nice thing going in Football. Students are looking forward to going to Oak Forest based on the number of students that were present at the freshmen orientation; approximately 375. Our total enrollment is 1450.
Johnny Kosch will maybe play three sports next year. I believe you should do as much as you can when your in high school. It's the only time in your life you will be able to compete in more than one sport.
First, let me comment on the type of kid Johnny is; he's a class act. He has his priorities in order and he conducts himself in a professional manner. I heard Terry Sullivan at the IHSBCA clinic a few weeks back and part of his speech was how players answered questions. From their answers he decided if a player could move to the next level or levels. John has a lot of things moving in the right direction. Johnny will pitch for us this year and he will be a big key determining how successful we will be. He still has to prove he can hit at the varsity level. If so he will play first base and/or possibly third or the outfield. I invision him a #6 hitter if things workout that way.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.