Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

FastballDad,

It's O.K. Let those hurt feelings go.
The White Sox are the best team in baseball as of today. The future continues to look good on the southside. It looks a little iffy up north but remember there is always 2007. Add the Sox to the list. You know it's the right decision to make and remember let those hurt feelings go.
Fastball Dad,

I am impressed that you are so concerned about the integrity "piece". Very funny indeed considering the asterisk that will be next to Sammy's name for using corked bats and well...lets just say he sure lost alot of "size"
last year. What data allows the cubs to be listed. Must be a scotch and water afternoon or die hard thought process. "They can do it...they can do it." Although, your right about the difficulty of repeating but Cleveland...come on. Go Sox! cub Fans...please let it go!
Now what does Sammy have to do with my poll?

The steroids are one thing and that seems obvious. The cork is another issue altogether. How many Hall-of Famers doctored the ball....substances, cutting the ball, etc. And other very famous hitters have been caught with illegal bats as well. Sammy is no different then all of those in that regard.

Another thing...when you are a Cub fan there is no room for hurt feelings if you knwo what I mean.
Fastball Dad,

I don't know Fastball? How many have been caught with an illegal bat or doctored a ball? Probably none with the exacting proof that Sammy gave the world. That being said, that is why so many baseball minds don't believe Sammy should not be a Hall of Famer. Thanks for helping me think the Sammy thing through.

Fastball, take the Cubs (see I even capitalized) out of the poll. Let it go...let the healing begin! It is another rebuilding year on the northside. Its o.k. to rebuild. Let it go.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.