Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have a growing list of HS '07 Marylanders
who are on my radar screen.

And of course, there are a few 10th graders (2008) there that were on HS varsity last year or will be on varsity this year, and are concluding fall ball with the 2006 kids. Of course many more will be 'discovery' in 2006!
And that's the exciting part of discovery!

Regards
Bear

ps. Larry,
- I don't believe alumni23 means any harm...
- appears like he's trying to help, &
- is more than likely seeking 16U players
....don't you think?

- How about it alumni23, what' up?
Last edited by Bear
With this warmer fall weather continuing for the first of many Indian summer weekends, it may be a great time for you, alumni23, to check out a few talented 2007 & 2008 Maryland HS graduates on Saturday afternoon at Olney Manor Regional Park. Good Counsel vs Quince Orchard in G1, Damascus vs Sherwood in G2.

I expect a few scouts and maybe a half dozen colleges may be in attendance!

As a reminder, (that I learned a while back and from the new Philadelphia Phillies GM) that it's best to see prospects with eyes than ears!

Good luck to you.

Regards
Bear
P Ty Main - Middletown HS
SS/RHP Adam Shapelow - Walkersville HS 07
C/3B Nick Keefer - Walkersville HS 07
SS/RHP - Daniel Miller - Catoctin HS 07
C/3B/RHP - Pat Quinn - Linganore HS 07
IF/RHP - Ryan Kassab - Walkersville HS 07
SS/RHP - Michael Dillon - Calvert Hall 08
OF/LHP - Paul DeVito - Archbishop Spalding 08
IF/RHP - Houston Darling - Brunswick HS 09
IF/RHP - Dani Ashbaugh - Linganore HS 09
Last edited by R Ringer
I'll second the nomination of Danny Hultzen, who is at St. Alban's.

But he isn't a mid-80's guy. Fastball runs 76-81 tops.

What he will do is give you a clinic in the art of pitching. Everything moves, command of several pitches, knows what he wants to do and how to do it. He makes good hitters look bad. And yes, fabulous at picking guys off first, too -- on the rare occasion when they get there.
It's good to hear that Hugh had a good game. He's very talented with solid stuff. He's sort of been in the shadows of other players this year, so it's good to see him getting some of the spotlight now, especially playing for the Big Train. Between Hugh and Scott, SJC should have a nice rotation next year. It will be interesting to see who else from SJC will round out the starting rotation.
Last edited by CapitalBaseball

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.