Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son played w/the 17U Marshal's last summer and played in that tournament.

There were teams from several states in attendance I remember Kansas, TX, AR, Missouri and AZ teams being there. The competition was very good and I think it is a very good tourney for teams that are true 18U, we were a bit overmatched but it was good for our boys to play against this level. Many of the teams had young men that had already played 1 year of JUCO ball and were still age eligible. And most of the teams we played had several DI signees on their teams. It was the toughest competition we saw all summer.

As far as exposure, this tournament had the most exposure outside of Perfect game in the amount and the variety of college coaches that I saw throughout the summer. Colleges (mostly DI's) from Kansas, LA, Arkansas, MI, Texas, AZ and a host of others were there and I know for one young man on our team this was the catalist for his offer to Arkansas.

Tourney was well run and held at 2 locations. The fields were so/so at the one location and the other location was at the University of Arkansas. My son had the opportunity that summer and the summer prior to play on several University fields and by far the field at UofA ranked as one of his favorites.

If this tournament draws the same type of competition as it did last year it is one you don't want to miss.
Last edited by oldbat-never
Blackhawk32

I believe this tourney is hosted by the Mid America Baseball Group which is part of the Premiere League and the team host is the Rawlings Prospects. Mid America is a combination of Midwest teams and they host numerous tourneys/showcases throughout the summer.

here are some websites:

Listing of tourney's hosted by Mid America

Mid America Baseball

Rawlings Prospects 2007 hosts
Last edited by oldbat-never

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.