Skip to main content

At this time, planning for the 2008 Southwest Suburb J.V. Summer League is under way. This year the league has grown to 22 teams and we are looking for sponsors to help finance the costs of running a quality league. Attached below is a letter with further information. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your support,
Andy Satunas
Lockport Township High School
Sophomore Baseball Coach

Dear Business Owner,

My name is Andy Satunas and I am the Sophomore Baseball Coach at Lockport Township High School. I am the co-commissioner of the Junior Varsity Summer Baseball League. My partners in running this league are Steve Millsaps (Assistant Athletic Director at Joliet Township High School) and Rich Kowalczyk (Amos Alonzo Stagg High School).

The JV summer league is a chance for more kids to have opportunities to play in the summer for their high school and to be coached by their high school coaches. The league will be made up of primarily sophomores with some juniors that do not make the varsity summer league. All teams will play a 15 game season followed by a post-season tournament. As of right now, we have 19 teams committed to the league. This will be the league’s 3rd year of existence. We have grown from 8 teams in 2005, to the current 22 that we have for the 2008 season.

One of the biggest benefits to this league is that we will be playing our championship and 3rd place games at Standard Bank Field in Crestwood. The championship will occur on July 16, 2008. We are hoping that this will bring out the best competition that will benefit our teams in the upcoming regular season.

As you probably can understand, it can be hard to run a quality league without quality finances. I am asking for a donation in your company or organization’s name to the JV summer league. Besides the cost of Standard Bank Stadium, we are attempting to buy T-Shirts for all the teams. The cost of the T-Shirts will run around $2,000. Also, the league wants to provide umpires for the entire tournament, which will run around $1100.

We are asking for any financial help that you can give our league. With a donation to this league, we will display a sign with your company’s/organization’s name. The sign will be displayed during the regional, quarterfinals, semi-finals, and championship games. Also, your company/organization’s name will be announced over the public address speakers during the 3rd place and Championship games at Standard Bank Stadium. Once a donation is made, I will send you a schedule for our season.

If you have any questions about this league, you can feel free to contact me. Checks can be made payable to JTHS JV summer baseball. I hope your organization will help our organization make this a quality and exciting league.

Thank you,

Andy Satunas
Lockport Township High School
Sophomore Baseball Coach

2008 JV summer league teams:
(AS OF 3/6/08)

Lockport
Joliet
Stagg
St Laurence
Brother Rice
Lincoln Way North
Argo
HF
Lincoln Way Central
Lincoln Way East
Lincoln Way West
Oak Forest
LWW
Marist
Bolingbrook
DGN
Andrew
Oak Park River Forest
Reavis
Tinley Park
Shepard
Plainfield Central
Mt. Carmel

Southwest Suburb
JV Summer Baseball League
Sponsorship Levels

Platinum Level: $150.00 or greater

At this donation level, your company will receive:
1. A sign with your company’s name on it displayed at the quarterfinals (7/14), semifinals (7/15), and finals (7/16).
2. Your company’s name read over the loudspeakers at Silver Cross Stadium (Joliet, IL) during the Championship Day (7/16).
3. Your company’s name printed in our league program that will be distributed to all teams.
Your company’s name on our website.
http://swsjvsummerbaseball.blogspot.com/

Gold: $100.00

1. Your company’s name read over the loudspeakers at Silver Cross Stadium (Joliet, IL) during the Championship Day on July 16th.
2. Your company’s name printed in our league program that will be distributed to all teams.
3. Your company’s name on our website.

Silver: $50.00

1. Your company’s name printed in our league program that will be distributed to all teams.
2. Your company’s name on our website.

Bronze:

Any donation under $50 is greatly appreciated and your company or family name will be printed in our league program that will be distributed to all teams.

Donations are tax deductible.
We will provide you
with a tax id number upon receipt of check.

Andy

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/sports/46...2_ROUNDUP_S1.article

Southwest Suburban JV Tournament starts on Friday

July 12, 2007
from staff reports
JOLIET -- The Southwest Suburban Junior Varsity Summer Baseball League postseason tournament begins Friday with 11 regional games on tap.

Action continues Monday with four quarterfinal games at Joliet West High School. The first quarterfinal game begins at 10 a.m. The semifinals are set for 1 and 3 p.m. next Tuesday at Joliet West.

The third-place game will be played at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and the finals at 4:30. Both games will be played at Silver Cross Field. There is a $3 admission from the quarterfinals through the finals.

"We had nine teams in the league last year and we added 10 more for this year," said Steve Millsaps, former Joliet Township sophomore baseball coach who is now the Steelmen's assistant athletics director. "There are 18 teams in the tournament.

"This allows more players a chance to be a part of a program when they might normally have had to find teams to play on in the summer."

Millsaps is the co-commissioner of the Southwest Suburban Summer JV League. He is helped by Rich Kowalczyk, the freshman coach at Stagg, and Lockport sophomore coach Andy Satunas.

"Andy, Rich and myself all played at Lewis, so getting together and helping put the league together was a natural fit," Millsaps said. "The league serves many purposes.

"Any junior who didn't make the high school team in the spring can make an impact with a coach in this league and possibly make the varsity team next year."

Area teams in the tournament include Lincoln-Way Central, Lincoln-Way East, Lockport, Lincoln-Way North, Joliet Township and Peotone.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.