Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by J.Weaver #5:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Diggle:
Congrats to Fieldcrest's Lee Weld (also of the Fox Valley Royals, Illinois Valley Knights and -- for the Fall season -- Central Illinois Outlaws), who accepted SIU's scholarship offer today. A great kid and a heck of a competitor. And not bad on the mound either. He's 21-1 over three years on the varsity.

After getting to know him this summer, I'd have to say your description is spot on.

Congratulations to Lee.

Yup, uh huh, that's right...Lee is one heck of a player. SIU gets a good one, here.

Congrats, Lee and family from Traveldad and #16

Weaver #5,
Any confirmed news on the other boys from the FV stable?
quote:
Originally posted by Traveldad:
quote:
Originally posted by J.Weaver #5:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Diggle:
Congrats to Fieldcrest's Lee Weld (also of the Fox Valley Royals, Illinois Valley Knights and -- for the Fall season -- Central Illinois Outlaws), who accepted SIU's scholarship offer today. A great kid and a heck of a competitor. And not bad on the mound either. He's 21-1 over three years on the varsity.

After getting to know him this summer, I'd have to say your description is spot on.

Congratulations to Lee.

Yup, uh huh, that's right...Lee is one heck of a player. SIU gets a good one, here.

Congrats, Lee and family from Traveldad and #16

Weaver #5,
Any confirmed news on the other boys from the FV stable?

None that I know of. I'm trying to find out what's going on with the Mistrata twins. Mike should be deciding soon enough.
Last edited by J.Weaver #5
I was at the TPX TOP 96 showcase and for the 2nd time, saw a catcher by the name of Brian Norwood. In 3 innings he threw out 5 baserunners. Defensively, this kid has a strong arm, quick feet, and nothing gets by him. I don't know what High School he goes to, but he played for the Upstate 8 conference at the Stevenson Showcase. Does anyone know what school he goes to?
quote:
Originally posted by leatherhead2:
I was at the TPX TOP 96 showcase and for the 2nd time, saw a catcher by the name of Brian Norwood. In 3 innings he threw out 5 baserunners. Defensively, this kid has a strong arm, quick feet, and nothing gets by him. I don't know what High School he goes to, but he played for the Upstate 8 conference at the Stevenson Showcase. Does anyone know what school he goes to?

Brian attends Lake Park HS
As you all know, Ian Krol is the only Illinois player in the AFLAC All-American game and one of few in the participants from ILL. in the Area Code games. And now he can add another something to his resume. Krol is the only Illinois player playing in the Under Armour game at Wrigley Field later this month. Congrats Ian! This just puts him more on the map for the draft in June. But as far as college commitments go, I heard a rumor recently regarding joint commitments. Something about Krol and teammate, RHP Mike McKinely, verbally saying that they were headed to the same college. Not gonna say what college, just that this was interesting.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.