Skip to main content

Thanks for those who participatd in this survey.

This is what I have so far...

Dallas Spikes $750
NT Titans $750
Arlington A's $695
Dallas Patriots $650
Frozen Ropes $600
Dallas Prospect $600
MSL (DBATM) $575

No Response
Dallas Tigers
Saints
Gators
FTW Monarchs
Dallas Stars
McKinney Marshals
Texas Stix
Texas Dukes
Allen Wranglers

We did this so people can see what the 16u fall market is and make the best decision for their kid.

Now lets play ball!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

agsnhere, I really agree with Catcherz_Dad, even though I believe your intent is fair and with the correct perspective.

For the sake of full-disclosure, here's what we're doing.

BBI Sunday DHers: $600 + $85/game... planning 16 games (if it is less due to rain, the team REFUNDS the money back to the parents/kids once BBI sends the check...which they are good about doing...we do not believe in keeping the $$ in-house since we'll most likely have a slightly different roster next summer...its been the case every season since the team was 12U). So that is $1960.

Uniform... we are going simple this fall b/c our summer uniform tops are Under Armour and pricey. $15 for the white top, $15 for the fitted cap. $30 per player.

Field rental ... we have 4 teams in the organization, so we aren't in a position to own our facility. We have 16 practices scheduled at Craig Ranch this fall at a cost of $50-75 each depending on whether we need lights. Max of $1200, and what is not used due to rainouts will be refunded. We also workout at Centerfield in E. Plano if the weather is poor... that isn't as expensive. Again, what is not used is refunded. Summer months are more expensive, but my team is playing school ball in the fall, like everyone else... we don't practice every day in the fall.

Equipment/supplies... estimated cost ~$150... still have plenty of new NFHS balls left over from the summer, so this isn't set in stone. No one gets charged til the $$ gets spent.

I'll let you Calculus majors Wink figure out the math. It all gets divided up among the roster, so it will depend on final roster size (I figure 12 minimum, 13 max for the fall... we'll keep 15 next summer).

Tryouts this Saturday... still have a couple of spots left. Thanks for including us in the poll.

Wes Tarbox
www.allenwranglers.com
Last edited by Allen Wranglers
quote:
Originally posted by agsnhere:
Thanks for those who participatd in this survey.

This is what I have so far...

Dallas Spikes $750
NT Titans $750
Arlington A's $695
Dallas Patriots $650
Frozen Ropes $600
Dallas Prospect $600
MSL (DBATM) $575

No Response
Dallas Tigers
Saints
Gators
FTW Monarchs
Dallas Stars
McKinney Marshals
Texas Stix
Texas Dukes
Allen Wranglers

We did this so people can see what the 16u fall market is and make the best decision for their kid.

Now lets play ball!

Arlington A's are $550.00 for the Fall
Add the Grand Prairie Smurf's to the list. We are a new team, will have professional coaches pending their final AA certificate (can't get them to stop drinking in the dugout), play every weekend including Thanksgiving, they can wear whatever they want to the games.....for only $10,000. At last count I have 40 openings remaining, and no tryout needed.

Stop with all this..... go where your kid is good enough to play and you can afford it.
The Dallas Prospects 16u and 18u fall baseball teams will be holding tryouts on Sunday August 15th at 2pm at Brookhaven College and Sunday August 22nd at 2pm at Brookhaven College.

The Prospects play 8 DH's on sundays and two November tourneys. Play begins around the first of September. The cost for the season is $600.

Brandon Rains, Head Baseball Coach at Brookhaven College will be grading the players during the tryouts. This is a free and open tryout. For more information please call 214-794-3567
RR23Jr got an invite from an out of state team to play in the WWBA Underclass World Championships 10/2010.

This questions are for programs who invites players from all over the country based on tryouts or non-tryouts (Resume, probably saw player ).

How do you guys base playing time ? I suppose, you keep the roster manageable especially for players who will travel from far away? What are the criteria to pick or choose players you have not seen play based on an online application.

What are the questions I have to ask?

Thanks,
RR23
Last edited by Ryanrod23
quote:
Originally posted by KCR:
Space Doctor thanks for getting this going. Where are you? I think after seeing this the MSL needs to raise the price next year. For what we do it's way too cheap. (JK)

Thanks for the shout-out from the "evil empire". I feel so honored. Wink

Cheaper yes, but not a good value IMHO for 16U. Here is where I'm coming from:

My son is 16, and while he is a good ballplayer, he's no Bryce Harper/phenom/freak. He's more like one of the top handful on a team that won more than 3/4 of their games this summer.

At this point he needs to play. He's not a finished product yet, and I've yet to see the 16 yr old that is. Five 12 inning games (if no rainouts) on an 18 man squad aren't enough play time @ 16U. We'll also get about a dozen practices or so vs zero in MSL. So what we are doing is playing 16 games of varsity fallball with a little older group. I know most of the kids/parents on this team, and the coaching is outstanding, so I feel pretty good about the situation. Our team is charging us $600 flat for everything.

Pretty simple decision for this parent, but we can have him play up and get a lot more baseball for basically the same money. MSL would be something I might consider funding down the road, but for 18U not 16U. Just don't see the value at this point. But to each his own.
Last edited by Some call me the space doctor, some call
Space Doctor,

Not trying to talk you in to anything but would I like give you some facts. Couldn’t you have said ten 6 innings games or does five 12 inning games make you case sound better? Does your $600 fall team do a scout day ran by REAL scouts so you kid can see where he stacks up? Does your $600 fall team have scouts at every game evaluating your kid where at the end you can get an honest evaluation and understanding what 8 to 10 scouts think about your sons abilities? Does your $600 fall team have 4-6 random pro scouts and college scouts show up unannounced just to watch to upcoming new crop? Our $575 fall league does. If all of this is not worth negative $25 to you then you did make the right choice.
quote:
Originally posted by KCR:
Space Doctor,

Not trying to talk you in to anything but would I like give you some facts. Couldn’t you have said ten 6 innings games or does five 12 inning games make you case sound better? Does your $600 fall team do a scout day ran by REAL scouts so you kid can see where he stacks up? Does your $600 fall team have scouts at every game evaluating your kid where at the end you can get an honest evaluation and understanding what 8 to 10 scouts think about your sons abilities? Does your $600 fall team have 4-6 random pro scouts and college scouts show up unannounced just to watch to upcoming new crop? Our $575 fall league does. If all of this is not worth negative $25 to you then you did make the right choice.

Direct quote from the flyer that was mailed to me reads:
"Format: There will be 8 teams and each team will play a 12 inning game 4 of the 5 weeks. ... The last day will include a SCOUT Day with a Pro-style workout. ..."

Apparently I gave MSL credit for 5 games. My bad. It should be stated as 4 games.

We agree then. I'd rather pay about the same money for twice as many innings (on a smaller roster) PLUS a dozen practices. The scout thing doesn't have much value to me for 16U and he's still growing leaps and bounds. To each his own though. Less ball might actually be a draw for those suffering the effects of football season. Mine has chosen to focus on baseball and has a huge thirst for the game.
Last edited by Some call me the space doctor, some call
Not sure what is best for everyone but Little BB's is a footballer as well so the scout league is really good for him. Glad we have options for everyone. By the way the first MLB scout to watch me play saw me as a 15 year old so I am not sure why people are so sure the 16U division is not worth it?

Cade I did notice you are allowing metal bats in the 16U. I wish you would rethink this. One of the reasons we picked the league was the wood bat rule.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.