Skip to main content

I heard this morning on the MLB network that openning day is just a mear 82 days away. Let the discussion start about the 2010 High School Season here in the Granite State.

Some Quick Thoughts:

Bedford, this team has a boat load of talent, I predict they will be hosting a first round game.

Nashua North, a three four combo of Breen and McGowan. Pitching rotation of McGowan and Turner. Enough said.

Portsmouth, 2 ACC players on their roster.

Salem, will go as far as Poore can take them, still lack offense.

Londonderry, Corrollo, Finnegan and Fisher on the mound, I am not sure about the offense of this roster outside of Dan Lagasse.

Pinkerton, I don't see them doing much this year.

West, will not win 5 games

Memorial, has a very talented freshman class will not equal varsity wins, I think 5 wins is realistic.

Central, Veillux on the mound should be one of the top pitchers in Class L. O'Connell provides solid defense and a solid hitter. Not sure what they have around these guys.

Trinity, tough to lose Clark and Cole in the same class, Nalette is solid behind the plate but who is going to be dealing to him?

Timberlane, PJ Singster is solid but I don't think they have enought to be hosting a first round playoff game.

BG, on paper this team should have been better last year, on paper they should be competative this year. Games not played on paper, should be interested to see how the team performs in 2010.

Keene, always a top team.

Winnacunnet, Exeter, Spaulding most likely to finish in the bottom half.

Plymouth, with Underwood as the coach they are dangerous.

Just some thoughts to get some discussion going.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I like the underestimation of Londonderry's offense!! Though it is deserved after losing so much offensive talent, I am curious to see what we have as well. I suspect we will surprise a few people, but either way it is all talk to this point.
I would say that offense across the board in "L" is not what it was the past two, three years. Outside of Goffstown I don't see a "great" offense on any team. I see some decent offenses but not great. Either way it is great to get the discussion going for the 2010 year!
Last edited by Ironwill
There is a prospect camp at Northeastern University for the next two weekends. I know some Diamond Dawg AAU players from both Londonderry, and Souhegan will be in attendance. All of he top D1 Baseball programs in New England, as well as all of the top local D2 and D3 teams will have representation. I'll give an update on the results in a couple of weeks, but I'd expect that anyone that has worked with Marc Deschenes for the last few years pitching, will jump out to any scout.
quote:
Originally posted by Granite State Baseball Association:
Souhegan, Mikevick07, all I can say is that I have heard good things about all of those pitchers, I have talked to other members of the GSBA and Souhegan is on our scout list for this spring because we need to see some of their talent. Particularly of interest to me is Terry Dugdale.

Thanks Mike. Terry is the real deal. Made AAU National All Tournament team last year for the U14 Diamond Dawgs and pitched a perfect game. He'll be at the Northeastern Prospect Camp. I estimate he'll have a 85 to 88 MPH fastball by the time the Varsity season opens, and he has full command of both his change up and slider. Impressive for a young sophomore that is only 15 years old.

Here is a list of the school represented at the Northeastern Camp.

The Northeastern Staff: Neil McPhee, Pat Mason, & Mike Glavine
Bill Barale, Williams College
Joe Walsh, Harvard
Aaron Landers, Harvard
Pete Varney, Brandeis
Mike Stone, UMass
John Casey, Tufts
Mik Aoki, Boston College
Steve Englert, Boston College
Matt Noone, Babson
Bill Barale, Williams College
Bill Holowaty, Eastern Connecticut
Bob Wojick, Eastern Connecticut
Jim Foster, Rhode Island
Bob Defelice, Bentley
Jamie Pinzino, Bryant
Brian Murphy, Brown
John O’Brien, Suffolk
Steve Trimper, Maine
Jarod Hollowaty, Maine
Ken Harring, ULowell
Jesse Woods, Boston College
Jeff Kane, Holy Cross
Brian Murphy, Brown
Josh Porter, Roger Williams College
Peter Pasquarosa, Wheaton College
Rich Furchin, Oneonta College, (Jan 16, 17)
Tom Mark, Oneonta College Jan. 16, 17)
Scott Brown, St John’s, NY (Jan. 16,17)
Ted Shipley, Castleton State
Brendan Eygabroat, UMass Boston
Steve Studley, Wentworth
Steve Breitbach, Rhode Island
Coach Curt, I will admit my knowledge of the Seacoast is limited. I personally as well as other members of the GSBA have made it a point to attend more Seacoast games in 2010. What I can say is that in terms of Dover we did not have a single player in our Showcase League. I know we had at least one or two tryout, but even this with such a small sample I still can't make a judgement on Dover.

Anyone have some insight on Seacoast teams?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.