Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Catch&ThrowCoach:
How do you feel about the new recruiting trend of most communication from coach to player being through text message, facebook message, and email? Getting guys on the phone is becoming harder and harder..

What is your source of information for that?

I believe the NCAA outlawed texting unsigned recruits a few years ago.

It is also an NCAA violation for a coach to call a recruit outside the current class...i.e. he can call a 2013 grad, but not 2014 or younger. Email, and I would suppose FB message, would be a couple of the limited ways a coach could reach out to younger recruits.
Last edited by CPLZ
Texting comes at the same time a phone call does, it actually proved very useful to figure out when I could call the coach.

Email has to be player initiated but as long as he asks questions, the coach can keep talking to you. After september 1st (I think, it may have been the July date though) it isn't restricted if I remember correctly

I don't have a facebook, but I don't know if that is used quite as much. It may be more common with younger coaches, but a lot of the old school coaches I have dealt with like phone calls and email most.

On a side note, nothing is funnier than a coach (college I didn't sign with but was recruited by) says stuff like LOL, ROFL and TTYL which is something that I don't even use in text messages

Initial contact for me, surprisingly, was most commonly phone calls, then emails then letters,

Mostly letters were ways of telling me about camps initially before they could contact me first to say they were interested.

This was my experience, but I thought I could shed some light as I just got done with the recruiting process
Last edited by bigheat27-42

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.