Skip to main content

I don't remember seeing a thread for this yet so here it is....let us know where your 2012's verbally commit.

------------------------------------------------------------ "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Leo Buscaglia
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Jovan is a great kid and an incredible ball player. I believe that he was rated a 10 by PG. I suspect he is highly rated. He is also a good football player, although I am not sure he played this year. I am not sure what is going on with him and Texas Tech, except that I do believe they recently hired a new recruiting coordinator from Oklahoma. Things can change when a school changes coaches. When the recruiting coordinator left Oklahoma, I suspect that is why they lost three of their players who were ranked very highly by PG. They lost Fernellys Sanchez(PG rating 10) Nelson Rodriguez (PG rating 10) and Courteny Hawkins(PG rating 10). All three of these players probably will go in the first three rounds. Not saying that is the reason they left but you have to wonder.
quote:
Originally posted by Clemson896:
quote:
Originally posted by Clemson896:
Current 2012 for Frisco Centennial:

Austin Schotts, SS - Oklahoma State
Taylor Raglin, 1B - Stephen F. Austin
Justin Bethard, P - Navarro JC
Ryan Gentry, 3B - Harding Univ.
Ryan Pulsifer, C - Paris JC
Dylan Forsythe, CF - UT Tyler

Landon Cowser, 2B - Dodge City JC

Zach McCowen, OF - Lon Morris
Sam Parker, a 2012 catcher from Trinity Christian Academy, son of Delynn Parker and the late David Parker has committed to play baseball this fall at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Sam's father, David, was actively involved in coaching youth baseball for many years in the Dallas area before he suddenly passed away while snow skiing in February 2011.

I think this quote about Sam from Donnie Watson, Sam's high school coach, sums it up best, "What he taught us all about love, kindness, humility, hurt, pain and never blinking in the face of loss is a great testimony to what he means to everyone that knows him! His best days are ahead of him, good grief! If you have not thanked him for being a great friend, classmate and teammate please make that happen! Sam is one in a million! He has a Great God that loves him and believes in him, too! Thanks for living your life as if today matters! Sam you are especially my hero!"

Congratulations to Sam and to his mom, Delynn. You have both been a great example of perseverance, strength, humility, and patience while letting the plan for Sam's baseball future unfold in God's time. Congratulations Sam!!!
Last edited by cheapseats

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.