Skip to main content

Thanks Quad, but actually Turner makes it three to the Monarchs ! Nick Walker, ss, Kellam, 2013; Mitch Moynihan, lhp,of, Kellam, 2012; and Bishop. Hopefully ODU will keep recruiting in-state and area guys so we all can watch them play in the years to come !!! ODU's newer AD, Dr. Wood Selig really gets "it" and has that campus moving in the "1st class" direction !!
I assume you meant that for the other, more current thread. But hey, that's a high class first post -- ragging on a young player and then an entire team. Nice.

Having played the Drillers a few times, I will say your comment sounds to me like YOU are the sore loser. No one enjoys losing but I've never seen that team do anything remotely unsportsmanlike.
Last edited by Midlo Dad
ZDiamond -

You sound like a jealous child. If you are an adult, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Putting down players and teams is not what people do here on these forums. Especially if you are going to hide behind a screen name.

I have no children playing baseball. I root for every kid and every team even I don't have any vested interest in them. I've been lucky enough to work with some very high level teams. The Driller's fall into that category. The first 6 kids off this roster are D1 guys. I think there will be more before its said and done. In my dealings with the kids they were all very nice and respectful. The staff is made up of great baseball guys.

In a word, if I had kids, I'd have no problem letting them play for the Drillers...assuming they were good enough to make the team! Which might be the root of your issues with them.

Rich
www.playinschool.com
How incredibly small of a person to come on this website to rip a kid specifically, and to a lesser extent an entire organization, a well respected organization. It kind of reminds me of an experience I had at the Eastern Region Tournament this year. An individual I was aquainted with through baseball came up to me and offered congratulations on my son's recent commitment. I thanked him, chatted a few minutes and went about my business, which was to spend a fortune at the concession stand. As I was returning this person (who didn't see me) was ripping my son to someone else on how he was "overrated" in a fashion similar to the post above.

My first instinct was to let him know what a piece of excrement he was, however I realized he was doing a good job of that himself and wasn't worth the effort. He came off to the people around him as very small, not in stature even though he is short, but in character. Sometimes idiots looking for attention should just be ignored.
Last edited by Go Dawgs
quote:
Originally posted by zdiamond:
@bballdad2016: I agree with you.

quote:
Originally posted by bballdad2016: Kellam HS and The Drillers both have great programs and excellent coaches. I have seen both. So yes, it is pretty good for Nick Walker. Congrats to the Walker family. ODU is a great school.

Actually, I don’t think we agree with each other. Re-read my post. Congrats to KHS, the Drillers and most of all Nick Walker and his family. Kellam HS and the Drillers separately have great baseball programs with great coaching. P.S. I used to live in Va Bch…
Last edited by bballdad2016
Wow...angry daddy and a new poster on the site. It takes a big man to slam a young man on a public forum. Please take your venom elsewhere.

I coached against the Drillers for five years and actually had several players migrate to and from their teams and mine. I found their coaches to be excellent and the players respectful and eager to compete. I have a hard time believing that the face of the organization, the coaches and the players they recruited did a 180 since I last coached against them in 2008.
My son has played for the Drillers for the past 4 years. We have driven from Richmond to as many practices over the years as we could get to and as the kids now move on to college, we will miss the times with the Driller family. "Z" could not be more wrong about the team or the players if he/she tried. Matt, Fox, Brooks, James, Ian, Scott and Rob are all great guys and coaches.
Driller....give it up. The guy obviously doesn't want to have a rational discussion. Judging an organization on a kid throwing his glove in frustration after an emotional run through the post season is myopic and petty. I agree with joe....cut out the negative posts, shut down this thread and paste the positive in the other 2013 thread.

BTW...congrats to the kid on his college commitment.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.