Skip to main content

34 Days until opening day for son's final college season! Bitter sweet to type this but more sweet than anything.

Trip to Florida to begin a 4 game series. I haven't committed to going yet but who knows how hard the forces will be pulling at me the week of!

"The difference between excellence and mediocrity is commitment." Twitter: @KwwJ829

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

45 Days before SP_Son laces them up to begin his collegiate career here in VA.

As I watch the snow falling outside of the window today, I am reminded that "baseball weather" usually arrives to stay here in VA sometime around mid-April ... Just in time for their Conference Tournament Smile

The competition will certainly be hotter in collegiate ball, but I expect the climate will be significantly cooler for more of the season. SP_Son could care less about that; he's just happy to have the opportunity to keep playing the game he loves. He'll throw snowballs to the hitters if that's what it takes to play.

Best wishes to all of the young devotees of the diamond this spring as they continue chasing their baseball dreams ... at all levels of the game.
Just bumping this up, because I can't stand waiting for baseball and want to vent!! I have the January blues. Anyone else?

It's a totally different feeling to wait for senior HS season. Bitter-sweet, fun, exciting for him to be co captain, to want to win the conference again and take a run at states.

But I am also already checking out the schedule for the university team he'll be joining next year. I marked the dates on my calendar for their games in state this year. Can't wait for those, too.

So, like many of us, I am looking forward to lots of baseball this spring, but staring out at snow. We have about 7 weeks before pitchers and catchers start. Frown
Son's a freshman at a DII JUCO - opening day is Feb. 10. We won't see many games - he's a 5 hour drive away.

Baseballmom - I hear ya on the senior year - went through that last year. And what a year it was. Son's HS team won the district tournament for the first time in 25 years and made it to the state quarterfinals. In the district game my son hit a run scoring double with 2 outs in the 7th to tie the game. They went on to win in the 8th.

And speaking of snow - our area is under a Winter Storm Advisory. Rain right now, but expected to turn to snow later this afternoon.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.