Skip to main content

I have a 2013 player - what advice do you have so he is doing everything he can and has contact with the right people to play at the next level? Not sure if he is a D-1 prospect and this season will give more insight on vasity and summer team, but he wants to compete at the next level no matter what size school. Financial aid or scholarship would also be nice!! We will be at many showcases this summer but I don't want to be any more behind the 8-ball. Thanks for any insight.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

From my kids experience, Metro Scout League was the single best exposure he received. He had some interest from summer ball but the serious recruiting came from the fall MSL of his senior year. He is currently in his second year at a D1 JUCO. He is a 2 year starter and has committed to a D2 university for the next 2 years. Can't say that my kid ever really gained anything from going to the showcases that are put on by the colleges for individual players. I wish I would have saved that money. The only one that produced anything was the school that he is now at and they called and invited him to their showcase only after they had seen him at MSL
Just our experience.
quote:
Originally posted by ttredraiders1:
I have a 2013 player - what advice do you have so he is doing everything he can and has contact with the right people to play at the next level? Not sure if he is a D-1 prospect and this season will give more insight on vasity and summer team, but he wants to compete at the next level no matter what size school. Financial aid or scholarship would also be nice!! We will be at many showcases this summer but I don't want to be any more behind the 8-ball. Thanks for any insight.

Take a look at these two tabs on this site:
1) Recruiting Tips
2) Recruiting Timeline
read as much as you can, ask questions.....the people on this site are a wealth of information.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.