Skip to main content

My 2015 signed a NLI with his dream school last Wednesday. It was the culmination of a long process and a lot of hard work. He took care of business in the classroom, in the weight room, and on the field and it finally paid off.

When he was a freshman he wrote out a list of schools that he wanted to play college baseball at and number 1 on his list was the dream school. I almost laughed when he showed me his list and thought "Good luck but you'll never play there kid." All's I said was "If that's where you want to play then let's develope a plan and go to work." We have a saying around our house that "If you do what most people won't do, then one day you'll be able to do what most people can't do." I've never seen a young man not only maintain the confidence in himself but work as hard and as smart as he did. I provided encouragement, accountability, and opportunity but he owned the process. It was his dream to play college baseball not mine.I played college tennis at a big D1 school in the 80's and I knew the pros and cons of playing a sport in college.

He's a smallish RHP that was initially overlooked by most of the big D1's in our area because of his size. When his velo reached into the low 90's topping out at 93 this summer it opened up a lot of doors. When his dream school saw him and offered it was over. He'll probably be the smallest pitcher at his school next year but I don't doubt he'll do everything he can to maximize his opportunities.

I don't post much but my son and I do read frequently and we have picked up lots of helpful info and advice along the way. Thank you to everyone who shares advice, experience, and opinions on a variety of topics. Please continue to do so because you are not only helping the person who asked the question but also possibly countless others like me who read along but don't reply. This site has been a valuable tool in our toolbox as we walked through the recruiting process. Once again, thanks.

Bennyandthejets

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bennieandthejets,

Your son is going to love it there....really what is there not to love?  There are multiple posters on HSBBWeb already playing there and loving it.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play next year.  Best of luck and please stay in touch with the Board to share your (and his) experiences as a college baseball parent.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.